Kayak's First Time Out

SA DA KA

This is the first time Kayak has been off the deck in three months. His back legs are still weak, would take a few steps then lay down. Coaxed him to the door and did a front and back towel lift with the two of us to get him in. These pictures were taken about 20 minutes ago. We feel like very proud. You will see where they shaved his leg and on the left side of his neck for blood drawings.

Fur-parents!post-11042-13905265954861_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586025208687_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586025212184_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586025215374_thumb.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the first time Kayak has been off the deck in three months. His back legs are still weak, would take a few steps then lay down. Coaxed him to the door and did a front and back towel lift with the two of us to get him in. These pictures were taken about 20 minutes ago. We feel like very proud. You will see where they shaved his leg and on the left side of his neck for blood drawings.:heartbeat:

Fur-parents![ATTACH=full]41808[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]41809[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]41810[/ATTACH]

Oooh, my tuft-plucking addiction comes into action, which isn't good because I have a cat sitting on my lap right now :eek:

A ten minute brushing with Kayak looks like we have a litter of newborns laying around us.

Aww, what a sweet old boy.. his dignified and wise eyes remind me of my sweet old boy! I'm glad to see he made it off the deck and is enjoying the grass :) He is always in my thoughts!

Jackie, your kind words always touch us:heartbeat: Sorry you are not feeling well and OMG a root canal!:groan:

Tried to find the Latin phrase "Dignitas, Sempre Dignitas" to make sure I had it right, loosely translated to "Dignity, always dignity!" which is what I see from the old man there. Just looks so very satisfied to be able to get out for a while ... continuing best wishes to all.

Fr Carmen OFM - can you help. If memory serves, it was one of the Roman Senators who was being put to death ... but I'm drawing a big blank on who / when? (( or anyone for that matter! )) [[ not that it really matters, just bugs me ]]

Tried to find the Latin phrase "Dignitas, Sempre Dignitas" to make sure I had it right, loosely translated to "Dignity, always dignity!" which is what I see from the old man there. Just looks so very satisfied to be able to get out for a while ... continuing best wishes to all.

Fr Carmen OFM - can you help. If memory serves, it was one of the Roman Senators who was being put to death ... but I'm drawing a big blank on who / when? (( or anyone for that matter! )) [[ not that it really matters, just bugs me ]]

Dignitas semper Dignitatem accusative case follows semper. I believe it was Cicero before they executed him. It's been a long time since I studied Cicero for Latin, "Quo usque tandem Abutere Catalina patientia nostra . . . " How long, O Cataline will you try our patience!? . . . Again, Apologies for not attending sooner. This day will live in infamy! I can't figure why but the kids decided to poo and pee all through the house from the bedroom all the way to the basement! :jawdrop: never did it before and they WILL NBVER DO IT AGAIN!!:arghh: I expect their response to be :oops1: :sorry: so far, they're avoiding the wrath of

Kahn :rollingpin::huskyfall:I really can't stay angry with them for very long, just clean up and begin again. They've never done anything like this before, maybe the recent new moon combined with the upcoming conjunction of Venus and Jupiter are causing it . . . at any rate it's over. :woohoo:Thanks,

Carmen OFM

Dignitas semper Dignitatem accusative case follows semper. I believe it was Cicero before they executed him. It's been a long time since I studied Cicero for Latin, "Quo usque tandem Abutere Catalina patientia nostra . . . " How long, O Cataline will you try our patience!? . . . Again, Apologies for not attending sooner. This day will live in infamy! I can't figure why but the kids decided to poo and pee all through the house from the bedroom all the way to the basement! :jawdrop: never did it before and they WILL NBVER DO IT AGAIN!!:arghh: I expect their response to be :oops1: :sorry: so far, they're avoiding the wrath of

Kahn :rollingpin::huskyfall:I really can't stay angry with them for very long, just clean up and begin again. They've never done anything like this before, maybe the recent new moon combined with the upcoming conjunction of Venus and Jupiter are causing it . . . at any rate it's over. :woohoo:Thanks,

Carmen OFM

Funny you should be asking this now, the 15th of this Month is known as the Ides of March. The very day Julius Ceasar was Assasinated by Brutus and the Senate. Ceasar's last words were actually in Greek!

"Kai Sou Teknon (mou)?" which translates as "And you (my) Child?" said to Brutus as he plunged his dagger into Ceasar's heart. The unkindest dig of all, from his dearest, closest friend . . . Shakespeare immortalized the incident in his Play, "Julius Ceasar." Will used the phrase "et tu, Brute? then fall Ceasar!" although William used Latin in his play, according to historians, Ceasar used Greek! for you fund of partially useful but mainly useless knowledge. (Good for conversation at cocktail parties when the conversation slows . . . ;) C.

As per Kayak he reminds me of my Hero in dignity, age and grace! He's a real beauty the essence of husky-ness! His eyes speak volumes! great patience, experience and depth! I pray he will come through and recuperate fully!! What a blessing to have such a wonderful and wise soul! Thank you for the picture and Kayak's story. Do keep us apprised of his recoup! Blessings

Carmen OFM

Glad to see he looks very much alert and content! Any word on the blood test results yet?

Ravenwolf, there is a thread called "Kayak's Blood Results and Update" posted in Main Chat. We scanned his blood test results. Thank you for inquiring about the Old boy.