Husky Breeding help, PLEASSSSSEEE!!!!

rachelle

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to breed my 2 year old female husky for the first time, I took her to a friend; who owns the male husky we want her to be bred with and he tried mounting and she tried growling and snapping at him??? Please Help!!

you will struggle for finding help with breeding here since most of us are aware of the rescue crisis at the moment.

Maybe sutsibe can help?

most bitches wont like a male mounting her - i know my girl doesnt - wether shes in season or not she wont tolerate it

are they both KC reg , hip scored and eye scored too? fully health checked?

its much more then just getting a bitch and a dog together

have a read of this to make sure u know what ur getting into http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/breeding/breeder2.html

ETA: is there any reason you want her to have a litter before spaying? its much more beneficial and healthier for them to NOT have a litter

Dunc has bred his - maybe he can help aswell if hes online (he works nights so might not be on atm)

Thank You So Much, I greatly Appreciate it...I know The Rescue Crisis is bad..I just want her to experience puppies once before I spay Her. But Thank You Again:)

can I ask why you want her to experience puppies?

She wont know she has missed out on anything. Dogs arent like humans they dont need our emotions pinned onto them.

Maybe if she does not want to mate she is not ready to be mated

Sounds like it's to early to be honest. Have a look at Nix's link to make sure you set up to take care of any and all medical problems that arise. A breeder that I know has had some serious medical problems crop up recently and she has lost a whole litter along with some other pups and having one born with an eye problem. You never know, just because your dog is healthy and even if she has had tons of litters that are healthy, something may crop up that you aren't prepared for. Just something to remember I don't want you to get blind sided massive heartache :(

I am not trying to have a go at you here but there is more to K9 conception than a quick bang ,i would say dont be in such a rush and do some serious research and preperation also a good idea to have her hips and eyes tested and also make sure the inteneded male has the hip and eye checks .She will come in season again and if you still feel you want to breed her you have time to arm yourself with knowledge..

first off this forum is her to help people so help we will, we are not here to ask why or to dictate who should and who should not breed.

yes we are aware of the rescue crises but that does not mean we wont help, we do have people on here rachel who do breed and will be happy to help you.

if you are going to do this then i suggest you do some resurch into breeding as you seem to know very little, no disrespect but for your girl and any pups to be safe and will please read up.

please keep this thread friendly, give help if you can or close the thread thank you

if you are going to do this then i suggest you do some resurch into breeding as you seem to know very little, no disrespect but for your girl and any pups to be safe and will please read up.

this is the point I believe myself and the others were trying to make but subttly or in a round about way.

Ive bred Miniature jack russells and before you even think about breeding please do all the research you possibly can. Its scary to think you are having to ask questions like this on a forum and you are thinking of breeding your girl. You havent answered any questions in regards to tests which tells me that you havent had any done and just dont want to say. Do you know anything about whelping puppies ? Body temperatures when your bitch is nearing her time? How long they are pregnant for ? What to do if a bitch is pushing for too long without producing a pup ? Its all very lovely that you love your dog and want to keep one or two of her pups but if you dnt do it properly you are putting her life at risk.

Can I also say that 2.5 years of research i did before even thinking of looking for a suitable stud for my bitch. I can honestly say that I knew everything I needed too. What benefit do you think it will be to your bitch to 'experience' a litter ? I can honestly think of non. She wont care whether she has a litter or not and you will only be adding to the growing number of rescues we have

I appreciate you want to breed and it's your choice to do so but if you're that keen surely you'd have researched this more before embarking on it?

It seems particularly irresponsible to put your 'best friends' health and well being at risk without having first learned all you can to support her and be prepared for the unexpected.

If you're really serious about doing this I suggest missing this season, educating yourself and then trying on her next one.

I may not be very popular for saying that but that's my opinion

but a dog does not need to experience it.

:banghead::S:

You have now made your point twice Louise. Let me assure you it was visible the first time.

To the OP. Please bare in mind what people are saying is quite correct with the health checking. This is VITALLY important for you to have done for both the male and female if you are insistant in going ahead with breading. However please do not be under the illusion that you are doing this as an experience for the bitch because if you are then that is an extremely bad idea to have in your head. The mating is painful, the pregnancy during and afterwards in tiring, and I dont think anyone needs to say that birthing is not a pleasant experience. You cannot treat a dogs mind like you can a human beings. It is not something they need to experience, that is nothing more that a disillusion.

We will aim to keep the topic under control, however please bare in mind you will find a lot of people are against it and you a likely to get some responses similar to the above. If you want to breed you need to accept this.

You have now made your point twice Louise. Let me assure you it was visible the first time.

To the OP. Please bare in mind what people are saying is quite correct with the health checking. This is VITALLY important for you to have done for both the male and female if you are insistant in going ahead with breading. However please do not be under the illusion that you are doing this as an experience for the bitch because if you are then that is an extremely bad idea to have in your head. The mating is painful, the pregnancy during and afterwards in tiring, and I dont think anyone needs to say that birthing is not a pleasant experience. You cannot treat a dogs mind like you can a human beings. It is not something they need to experience, that is nothing more that a disillusion.

We will aim to keep the topic under control, however please bare in mind you will find a lot of people are against it and you a likely to get some responses similar to the above. If you want to breed you need to accept this.

sorry

Thank So Much to all of you who WERE HELPFUL:) To those of you who keep saying anything that is but helpful, No thanks. I got on here to ask a question and then instead of getting on mthe forum and helping me, you get on the forum and dictate me? If you dont agree with breeding, ok. But dont comment if you dont agree because I am not looking for opinions, just answers. Thanks

Thank So Much to all of you who WERE HELPFUL:) To those of you who keep saying anything that is but helpful, No thanks. I got on here to ask a question and then instead of getting on mthe forum and helping me, you get on the forum and dictate me? If you dont agree with breeding, ok. But dont comment if you dont agree because I am not looking for opinions, just answers. Thanks

Nobody dictated anything .. You were being told facts about huskys (and dogs in general)... They will not experience it in the way you think, and you DO need to do health checks on the dog.

And secondly if you have a problem with a post you report it as per the forum rules.... A moderator and myself both dealt with any comments that were objectionable.

i dont agree with breeding HOWEVER - i will help out where i can with advice - have a look at the link i posted in my other post if you havent done so already

make sure both dogs are KC reg , hip and eye scored - i think good breeding quality is a score ov under 7 or 8 - anything higher and you shouldnt breed , also make sure u get a full health test/screening to make sure shes in fully fit condition to carry pups

going by ur earlier post - she isnt quite ready to be mated yet , however i would - like has already been suggested skip this season n not mate her untill youve done some extensive research and learnt all you can on breeding , whelping what to do if she needs a c-section or if a pup is breach - dont forget the costs involved should she need to be taken to an emergancy vet (most bitches give birth in the middle of the night) theres also the possibility of her rejecting the puppies which u then have to make sure you have enough time to bottle feed them every hour aswell

good luck if you do decide to breed but please make sure u research all you can first :)