Stray Pit Bull saves a woman and child from attacker

aronoiiel

Stacy Jinkins was the author of this story which she resurrected <?? See the date of the update below in red>. Don't get me wrong, I like to see and hear about instances like this, but something a little closer to "now" would be nice. It'd be even nicer if the "Journalist" had done a bit of research before reposting old news. Does Examiner.com pay these people for their articles???

(( okay, sorry but bah-humbug!!! ))

Stacy - this story is almost 4 years old. It is not news. In addition, the photo you use in this story is not the dog in question, and is exactly the same photo used in February 2011 reporting of this story (http://

www.lifewithdogs.tv/2011/02/pit-bull-saves-woman-child-from-attacker/). It took me less than 10 minutes of Google searching to find out that the dog mentioned in the story was not adopted by the family (http://www.nbc-2.com/story/10695932/family-decides-against-adopting-angel).

One reference has a little more information - though not good. And also doesn't have the "I'll be forever grateful!" feeling of this one. Again, this is dated 2008.

the second link in the above message says:

Family decides against adopting "Angel"

Updated: Nov 17, 2008 10:12 AM CST

CHARLOTTE COUNTY: The heroic dog named Angel has a new home. The bulldog-pit bull mix saved a young mother attacked at knife-point at Higgs Park in Port Charlotte, while her son played nearby last week.

The dog scared off the attacker.

Initially, Angela Davidson was going to adopt Angel, but changed her mind.

Representatives of a pit bull rescue group from Michigan just flew down to pick Angel up.

Shelter representatives say even though they have had a dozen calls from people wanting to adopt Angel, they felt the rescue group was the best option.

Potential owners will be screened and interviewed to ensure Angel goes to a stable, permanent home.

(( and I know if there were a "dislike" button you'd all be hitting it on me now .... ))

Wow I had no idea thanks for the Al. I actually just saw it as a share from a local pet store on my FB lol I had no clue it was that old. I'm glad to hear he at least got to a rescue instead of staying in a pound after she changed her mind. At least the rescue would've made sure that dog got a good forever home.

Wow I had no idea thanks for the Al. I actually just saw it as a share from a local pet store on my FB lol I had no clue it was that old. I'm glad to hear he at least got to a rescue instead of staying in a pound after she changed her mind. At least the rescue would've made sure that dog got a good forever home.

I've gotten to be an old curmudgeon (for lack of anything better) I really do like a good story, especially where it has a decent ending. But I get so many emails saying "look at this" only to hit snopes.com and find out it's another urban legend brought back from the 15th century!

At least this story appears to have had some real basis in fact, even if has been resurrected a few times.....

I've been doing a little more looking and if you DO NOT want a real tearjerker, DO NOT follow this link!

I've gotten to be an old curmudgeon (for lack of anything better) I really do like a good story, especially where it has a decent ending. But I get so many emails saying "look at this" only to hit snopes.com and find out it's another urban legend brought back from the 15th century!

At least this story appears to have had some real basis in fact, even if has been resurrected a few times.....

I've been doing a little more looking and if you DO NOT want a real tearjerker, DO NOT follow this link!

ouch.

• 2 weeks later...

I only just saw this today! I was going to post it but I'm glad I did a search first.

This was truly a heart warming story - I wonder what ever became of them though! This happened in January, but I can't find anything that says whether any owners came forward or if the woman got to keep the dog...

You don't want to know ... but if you do want to, look at my posts above and you'll find out. No, No, and it did not have a good ending.

I don't know how but I totally missed your post above, Al!

Are you sure that Angel is the same one from the 2008 article? I'm surprised there would be no mention of the heroic incident in his obituary, and the news article says he was sent to Michigan, not Minnesota.

I don't know how but I totally missed your post above, Al!

Are you sure that Angel is the same one from the 2008 article? I'm surprised there would be no mention of the heroic incident in his obituary, and the news article says he was sent to Michigan, not Minnesota.

Absolutely, 100% positive, no. But I wandered around the web before posting that, Plunderpuss kinda puts it together. I'm with him - if an animal saved my life, there's no way I'd just turn im over to animal control. The story stinks to high heaven no matter how you look at it.

The picture that is used for Angel is actually another PB that was at MARS at the same time, whether ti was MARS who "rescued" Angel or if the "rescue group from Michigan" turned him over to MARS it doesn't say. Add to that, that most Southerners couldn't tell you the difference between Minnesota and Michigan, I pretty sure it was the same god, there can't be that many that go there from Florida.

The worst part is that the decision not to keep the dog doesn't surprise me at all. I find it rather easy to believe that a family would be grateful to a dog for such an incredible act, offer to take him, only to think about the dreadful inconvenience having a dog would place upon their established, day-to-day life and decide that they can't be bothered to extend the gratitude of saving a life. Especially if they know nothing about dogs to begin with.

Plunderpuss' theory about making up the story to help rehome a dog Angela couldn't be bothered to care for any more doesn't surprise me either, but one would think that one of her friends or family members would have been aware of the charade and exposed it at some point or another...