Would your husky protect you?

Pasodaisy

I think if I got attacked, Troy would supervise to make sure they did a good job, as payback for all the harassing I do to him. Lol

Seriously, my gsd got attacked at the dog park and as I went running to get the other dog off mine, Troy was doing everything he could to hurt the dog that attacked his big sis. Troys only about fifty lbs, and the other dog is every bit of 120 to 130. The dog actually lives a few houses up so I've seen him out and about. He is much thicker than my 85 lb gsd. Needless to say my lil dude wasn't too effective, but he got an A for effort that day.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dakota would bark his face off, Juneau would hide, Diamond would kiss them while I was in danger, Tikaani would be under foot asking for belly rubs, Denali would be screaming, Timber and Rockie hands down would protect me to their last breaths, Riley and Aspen would be cowering in their kennels...LOL

I can't really say for sure. Taz was the biggest ham ever, but there was a guy walking near us once, and I think he may have felt my tension, because he did start growling and jumping. Whether he would have done something, I'll never know, but that was the only incident. Luckily, as sweet as he looked to me and those that knew him, he was quite intimidating to strangers, so I felt safe on his looks alone. :D

I could see Echo more likely to protect me. She seems to be wary until I let her know it's ok, then she is super friendly with everyone. She always warms me when someone's nearby when my back is turned, by barking and standing her ground, and she is a bit more feisty than Taz was, so I think maaaaybe she might, but like I said, I can't say for sure, as she is just a friendly as Taz, but I think she has more protective tendencies than him.

Interesting thread, I was thinking of posting an incident about our Czar until I saw this post! Its happened on a few occasions with the same person, but recently, a few days ago, we were out on our back porch and our property manager came walking through the woods and over our hill when Czar had a low throaty growly bark with an intent stare, as the person approached, he kept it up so I put him inside, but we think he loves us so much:heartbeat: he wanted to protect us to a perceived threat.

If I got jumped I reckon my 2 would join in!

Although, the OH's best friend came round late the other week and used the back gate. Teeko hadn't seen much of him at all so didn't know him well. It was dark. Someone appeared in the garden with a strange contraption...akka pedal bike...and teeko had a stand off with him. He guarded the back door, growling gently, staring him out while he back into the house. Once teeko had his feet in the house he went under the kitchen table!

I would never want Sam and Syn to protect me just to defend themselves, the only incident that ever came close to protecting me was when a couple of bible fanatics came to my door telling me the various reasons why I'm heading to hell. During that lovely chat I was feeling really irritated and in that one second I saw both Sam and Syn encircling behind them Sam had the most intense stare and that scared the crap of the two that I have yet seen them in my neighborhood to this day. Good times lol

not too sure about sonoma but i know hammer would and has used his size to intimidate someone who made me uncomfortable. usually i walk them on a skidoo trail and one day a man with his hood up was walking behind us. he only came up so close and hammer stopped dead, turned around and put his head low, would not move. the man hesitated then turned and walked the other way. hammer very much has a husky temperment for the most part, but if he feels me being nervous i think the other half of him, his GSD side showsup a little bit.

Protection depends on a lot of things. I've personally witnessed Nikki chase a black bear off my property in Montana (lucky dog!). I've also seen Nikki attack another dog who was charging me. As far as people, if I bring you in and introduce you - he's a love. If you walk in my house unannounced, he will bare his teeth growling at you. I've only seen him do this once, but it makes me happy. Another time he ran a little out of my vision and the neighbor had a bright idea to grab his collar and march him off to the pound. The neighbor got about 4 steps before feeling husky teeth on his wrist (didn't draw blood) - and yes I was proud of my dog for protecting himself. Nikki's very protective of me and of tasha. Tasha wouldn't protect anything lol.

nope nope and nope LOL not a chance! :P diamond has such a bad past he's afraid of everything new :( guess his first reaction when someone/something attacked me is pull me like a train! LOL :P but hey that's counted as "protection" isn't it? He pulled me to safety! :rolleyes:

i know for a fact that kai would protect christine i have built that into him from a puppy. When he was around 4months christine was in a shop queue with kai and a guy was very close behind her so much so that she felt uncomfortable. Kai picked up on this walked behind her barked at the guy untill he moved back then sat between her and the guy. at home we often test to see his reaction by having christine shout like shes distressed and hes there in seconds. He is a big softy unless mum is in trouble

Don't know if mine would protect me or not. My last dog a Dobermann was, I thought, an absolute coward, she was even afraid of the milkman. However, walking in Black Park with my eldest in his stroller when a dog ran past with a stick and accidentally knocked the stroller with it. Suki had the dog pinned by the throat in seconds and really meant business in defending her little human. She was 8 years old and had never done anything like that before. So it goes to show you can never be sure.

Dakota would bark his face off, Juneau would hide, Diamond would kiss them while I was in danger, Tikaani would be under foot asking for belly rubs, Denali would be screaming, Timber and Rockie hands down would protect me to their last breaths, Riley and Aspen would be cowering in their kennels...LOL

LOL at Riley and Aspen :lolman: