Pet owner questions vet clinic after her dog is killed

aronoiiel

If I'm reading that right, they left a leash on the dog after they put him in a holding crate. Asinine!! Maybe it seemed a quick and easy way to have the dog available, but not knowing how the dog would react to being left and tied up - it goes way beyond acceptable practice. Hope his other existing customers teach him that that type of convenience is not acceptable.

RIP dear pup it wasn't your time but you certainly have lots of friends waiting to play with you over that bridge.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Pet-owner-questions-clinic-after-dog--142707395.html

Aronoiiel. Where are you finding all these news articles? There seems to be a lot of animal negligence and cruelty going on at the moment. Can't understand it and dont really want to try.

Aronoiiel. Where are you finding all these news articles? There seems to be a lot of animal negligence and cruelty going on at the moment. Can't understand it and dont really want to try.

unfortunately alot is on my local news Washington is a disgustingly lenient state when it comes to crime I'm sure other states have problems but here it just seems a slap on the wrist or a sweep it under the carpet is more common place than anything. Some of it comes from articles from other sites on my fb from other animal related articles I can stop posting if it's a bother.

shoot me down if you wish BUT i find what she is doing is horrible towards the vet's. she is in one short breath ruined the guys living and wrecked a family life all for the sake of going on the news. he/vets made a mistake and im SURE that they are paying for that mistake nearly as much as she is and it was a horrible accident that could of been prevented but in fairness he has been accident free for over 20 years so his method might be awful to us but they though it was correct.i am sorry for her loss BUT there is a right way and a wrong about doing things and you have to think about your actions and how they will effect others no matter how bad you are feeling.

poor end to a dogs life :rip:

if you feel upset by my comments then im sorry but this is a forums and we are here to voice our opinions and get advice and so on

unfortunately alot is on my local news Washington is a disgustingly lenient state when it comes to crime I'm sure other states have problems but here it just seems a slap on the wrist or a sweep it under the carpet is more common place than anything. Some of it comes from articles from other sites on my fb from other animal related articles I can stop posting if it's a bother.

No! Don't you dare! Lol.

Seriously though, it's not bothering me at all, just can't fathom why so many things are happening. Suspect many things are probably going on around me too but I live in ignorant bliss as it's not picked up on or just swept under the carpet. Some peoples attitudes to animals are frankly disgusting!

I think she had every right to go to the papers. What the vets did was pure neglect' date=' what sort of idiot leaves a lead on a dog they dont really know whilst it was in a cage.[/quote']

Agreed it takes 2 seconds 2 put and take off a lead like that there was no need 2 leave it on and this woman has now lost her family member because ov it , I'd have Gone 2 the papers 2

What they did imo is inexcusable

shoot me down if you wish BUT i find what she is doing is horrible towards the vet's. she is in one short breath ruined the guys living and wrecked a family life all for the sake of going on the news. he/vets made a mistake and im SURE that they are paying for that mistake nearly as much as she is and it was a horrible accident that could of been prevented but in fairness he has been accident free for over 20 years so his method might be awful to us but they though it was correct.i am sorry for her loss BUT there is a right way and a wrong about doing things and you have to think about your actions and how they will effect others no matter how bad you are feeling.

if you feel upset by my comments then im sorry but this is a forums and we are here to voice our opinions and get advice and so on

I do understand where you're coming from and, you are right, 1 mistake in 20 years...but....having worked in a vets, and having dogs with crates...rule number 1 is always remove the dogs lead. Collars generally stay on for safety, though slip collars would usually be removed and replaced by a standard collar, but to leave on a lead is just....well, its just beyond me.

Sadly vets, like doctors, are so accountable for their actions. They hold lives in their hands. They mess up a number...a life is lost. What's happened here is appalling.

On the one hand she may be going over the top by contacting the papers but.....did the owner herself contact them (journalists are sneaky divils!). On the other hand, if it were my Teeko or Keeta 15 years down the line....well, I just can't comprehend how i'd react! But, it certainly wouldn't be pleasant.

This wasn't a puppy, this was a senior dog...who'd likely been seeing the same vet for a while now. I think part of it's on the owner for not asking questions...you take my dog away and thennnnnnnnnn? No, I'd like to know what you do with my dog when it's put in the back. I'd like to know your procedures...my vet had a practice of leaving a lead on dogs when they put them in the waiting room. I didn't have an issue with this...but they've stopped with Fox because he eats their leashes when they do this.

In reality the vet tech is likely to blame, not the vet.

There is always option C. It was an accident. If you've been doing something for 20 years and it hasn't been an issue you have all of that experience saying it won't be an issue in the future. As people when things go wrong we need someone to blame...sometimes an accident is just that and blame doesn't need to be put on anyone.

I have to disagree. for many people, their pet is a member of the family, not just a possession. if you, as a business, can't take care of an animal that someone trusts you with, esp when they bring that animal to you for it's medical and physical care, then you should be shamed. if this were a story about a technician damaging a car or breaking a tv, I'd say things happen. a vet killing someones dog, that's a whole different situation.