If.....

Sarah

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Archaeologist....always loved digging things out of the dirt. Also love ancient history.

My cousin took that, and she couldn't find ANY jobs relating to it. She then went back and took a college course in child care, I think, and now she's got a steady job.

But, IMO, things like psychology and archaeology are interesting but they don't lead to any jobs, really.

I would have changed my mind on going to college at all. I learned more from self study than I did there, my degree has not helped me get a job and I'm up to my eyeballs in student loans.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk.

My cousin took that, and she couldn't find ANY jobs relating to it. She then went back and took a college course in child care, I think, and now she's got a steady job.

But, IMO, things like psychology and archaeology are interesting but they don't lead to any jobs, really.

I know jobs in the field are scarce. Most archaeologists teach as their main source of income and I don't have the patience to teach. That was the main reason I never pursued it. :D

I would study rocketry and become a rocket scientist.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

I'm currently an auto mechanic. it's definitely not what I thought it would be when I decided to do it way back in high school. I probably would have done something in the engineering field. more in the planning and design side of things rather than repair.

it's funny, the other day, myself and a couple coworkers went to lunch and there was a kid there that was asking us questions about how we got into autorepair and telling us that he wanted to go to a tech school to become a mechanic. all three of us told him the same thing. DON'T DO IT.

I went back to school several years ago and picked up a teaching license. I love teaching, especially if it's a small group or one-on-one situation, but I really don't like all the paper work that seems to come with it (and a great number of other things, for that matter!) nearly as well. If I could go back to that point, I think I would have gone for physical therapy, or something like that...

I'm currently working as a veterinary assistant/tech on a fill-in basis (the regular tech is out for a couple of weeks after surgery), and there's a lot I love about that job - just wish it paid better!

:rofl:There's so many, I wouldn't know where to start! :D Would be great to turn back the clock, but we live with the choices we've made, the paths we've chosen. In the end, mistakes help to cultivate change and to forge a better character. For a word that is only one syllable and two letters, it's such a very big, deep word~ IF. Ok, back to your intended question(Sorry got a little off your intended topic :D) I would have studied areas that would have either gotten me a field in Veterinary Medicine/Care, Archeologist, or Wildlife Photographer for say, National Geographic in the Arctic

I actually do not want to do it over...had a blast when I started working moved from Holland, started in Transport from scratch in Manchester 1984, moved to Colchester 1987 back to Holland 1991 and then back to Worcester in 1999 till 2006 and then back to Holland again...apart from personal things in the whole period had a blast....LOL

If I could go back... well I'm miserable at math so my dream job of "working with animals" is out. I think though if I could go back I'd finish and actually work to try and pass my Multimedia Design that I took. Or I'd really look around for dog trainers to become one, or do something with canine or equine studies.

if i could go back, i would probably just try harder, i never liked school, one of my biggest hang ups was being spoken to like i was an idiot, felt that if the teachs werent so stuck up i would probably of listened.....usual thing of "cutting your nose to spite your face"

i still dont know what i want to do now...so subjects would still not know which ones :)

I would take business as GCSE and pay more attention in general, and would have maybe taken textiles in GSCE but not taking it hasnt held me back :)

When I finished my ND in Animal Management I realised just how few jobs are out there in animal care if you dont have transport or want to go to Uni. So I made my own job :D I'm not great at the actual business side of things but I'm learning :D

I would take business as GCSE and pay more attention in general, and would have maybe taken textiles in GSCE but not taking it hasnt held me back :)

When I finished my ND in Animal Management I realised just how few jobs are out there in animal care if you dont have transport or want to go to Uni. So I made my own job :D I'm not great at the actual business side of things but I'm learning :D

You are doing a fantastic job Sid, I really admire you :)

Probably taken history instead of music because i seriously sucked at music and there were some total ****s in my class lol

Then i wouldn't have gone to collage to try and do music i would've gone to a different college to do animal care. There arent many jobs out there but atleast i would've had something to do for a few years :)

Human biology. Of course we studied that a little bit anyway in science anyway but would of liked to go down the genetics side of things much more in depth. No idea what career would of come of it though.