If.....

Sarah

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could go back... well I'm miserable at math so my dream job of "working with animals" is out. I think though if I could go back I'd finish and actually work to try and pass my Multimedia Design that I took. Or I'd really look around for dog trainers to become one, or do something with canine or equine studies.

Actually, the math classes aren't THAT bad (well, in comparison to an engineering course.)

I'm taking Zoology, so I'll get to work with animals, and I only have to take 2 math classes for my entire 4 years and then I'm done with the math. :)

I guess I COULD take a few more years of study and become a vet, but I couldn't stand the thought of having to put animals down. And I'm not smart enough to become a vet - I think you need your Master's AND your PhD....so that's like another 5+ years of school after you get your undergraduate degree!

I would study rocketry and become a rocket scientist.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

My dad said I should of been a spaceman !!!!!!!!!! or did he say I should of been shot in to space !!!!!!!!!!! might of miss understood him :eek:

Physiotherapy or nutrition' date=' I really wish I'd tried a bit harder at school,I've got the brains just lacked the enthusiasm. I love human biology!![/quote']

Bugger it. Just realised you said human biology too. Now I look like a copy cat! Lol x

I can't answer the question as it was asked, but I'll try to go for the intent. If I had the chance to do it over again, I think I'd have taken my grandmother up on taking over her farm in upstate New York. It was just a small 300 acre dairy / subsistence farm but I think in the long run I'd have been happier.

if i could go back, i would probably just try harder, i never liked school, one of my biggest hang ups was being spoken to like i was an idiot, felt that if the teachs werent so stuck up i would probably of listened.....usual thing of "cutting your nose to spite your face"

i still dont know what i want to do now...so subjects would still not know which ones :)

:happyditto:

I would have really pushed my art.

So I could have become a designer for Sci-fi / fantasy movies.

that would be my ultimate job.

imagine being the person designing iconic characters and locales for star Wars or the Lord of the Rings. :omg::huskyfall:

I hated school and the kids I was at school with. Then I ended up spending 6 years at Uni and became a teacher. Go figure. Maybe a bit of poacher turned game keeper. Also Sid studying GCSE Business wouldn't really have helped you start up your business due to the syllabus content at that level and your business seems to be growing from strength to strength.

I'd have to re do all my gcses etc etc then do it may look into it though could be worth doing tbh!

It might take a fair amount of time and money, but you're young enough for the work to pay back the cost spent... Wouldn't hurt to check it out! :)

I'd have not quit during my first masters degree and I'd have been a speech therapist, probably close to retirement, BUT, then I do believe I would not be a husky owner. I think we make our choices which obviously shapes our lives, and it all works out the way it's supposed to, lessons included!:D

I actually loved school, some of my greatest memories are of high school, being in a band with my best mates at the time, dicking around in class writing songs and drawing, I was the clown, cheeky & never handed homework in on time (ever!), yet got on really well with all my teachers, same as collage, assignments always late, cheeky but still got on well with all the teachers, I'm still friends with one of them now! I even managed to talk myself onto the bus to thorpe park at the end of collage though i still had assignments overdue and hadnt paid all my trip fund! :P

Unfortunately life moves pretty quick, it's been almost 2 years already since I left collage and Im not really in touch with any of my collage mates :( (i would be a total loner if i didnt have my husky friends!)

Those of you still in education, make the most of it & enjoy it, I wish I could go back! lol

I probably wouldn't change anything. If I did, I might not have ended up meeting Terry (which I did through my job) and I would have missed the greatest love of my life and probably would never have got any huskies!

I got a good degree in Psychology and Sociology and sort of "fell in" to Youth Work which I then fell in love with and stayed for a 40 year career. For me it was the perfect job. I could do all the things I loved - rock climbing, surfing, film making, music making, horse-riding, camping, narrowboating - as part of my job, and have a positive effect on the kids I worked with - Win Win!!!!!!

Mick

I probably wouldn't change anything. If I did, I might not have ended up meeting Terry (which I did through my job) and I would have missed the greatest love of my life and probably would never have got any huskies!

I got a good degree in Psychology and Sociology and sort of "fell in" to Youth Work which I then fell in love with and stayed for a 40 year career. For me it was the perfect job. I could do all the things I loved - rock climbing, surfing, film making, music making, horse-riding, camping, narrowboating - as part of my job, and have a positive effect on the kids I worked with - Win Win!!!!!!

Mick

Mick you got lucky and got the full package :)

i wouldnt go back to school just back to when i had finished school so i could have done my canine behaviour course then instaed of now lol

I would have pursued photography...........I enjoy that. Was all signed up and ready to take the courses, but life happened and my son was born. Kinda fell into the writing - at least I get to shoot some photos to go along with my articles.

But, all in all, my job is a pretty good one. Doesn't pay much, but I learn a lot and get to share that with others while still having time for my precious Omryn.

Thankfully, the OH is gainfully self-employed in auto repair. It pays the bills and buys all our toys and he loves it so can't ask for more.

Sarah --- you asked, we answered. Now, how about you?!!!??