Husky Puppy Outside

Lurio

I have to wonder if maybe you want to keep him outside because you aren't actually allowed to have animals where you live and you think maybe someone won't hear him cry outside? I'm concerned that you have not sufficiently researched his needs, and now you are torn between keeping him somewhere inappropriate or keeping him at all?

Hey, i dont know you and i already dislike you i have been waiting since 5th grade to get a dog because in 5th my other dog died. Two summers ago my friend had a husky and i fell in love with them. Since then i have researched everything there is to know about them. The reason i got a husky is because i have a park 5 minutes away from my house and i run in the morning and also hang with friends at the park everyday and on sundays i go to the beach and it was about time to get a dog. My whole family loves him in fact they dont care about the smell because we all chip in to try and keep him and the place clean i just thought that he would get distracted and not cry while im not there to play/be with so you have no right posting questions like that when you don't know anything.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont like the sound of you tieing him to a crate and also being kept on a balcony .but who am i to say dont know the situation. you do what you feel is best for the dog:)

i know it sounds worse than it is

but dont worry i took the advice of one of the posters and i am not going to leave him there anymore i only left him for 20 minutes. :D

i know it sounds worse than it is

but dont worry i took the advice of one of the posters and i am not going to leave him there anymore i only left him for 20 minutes. :D

That's good - cause I don't think they understand the meaning of height can hurt them! My husky jumped out of a SECOND story window, and that's when we discovered he had SA. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt.

Do you need any other advice?

Hey, i dont know you and i already dislike you i have been waiting since 5th grade to get a dog because in 5th my other dog died. Two summers ago my friend had a husky and i fell in love with them. Since then i have researched everything there is to know about them. The reason i got a husky is because i have a park 5 minutes away from my house and i run in the morning and also hang with friends at the park everyday and on sundays i go to the beach and it was about time to get a dog. My whole family loves him in fact they dont care about the smell because we all chip in to try and keep him and the place clean i just thought that he would get distracted and not cry while im not there to play/be with so you have no right posting questions like that when you don't know anything.

Please understand that there are a lot of owners having bought a puppy or adopted one, and then just 'giving up' on it because they couldn't deal with the dog's needs - simply because they didn't research! That dog then ends up in the shelter, and probably is put to sleep because it doesn't find an owner in time. I've personally seen DOZENS of young and perfectly healthy huskies at the shelter I volunteered at - they were all given up because the owner didn't have time with them or couldn't deal with them anymore.

We're simply trying to look out for the puppy. :)

So, just to clarify, you and the puppy aren't the only ones in the building (not sure if its an apartment or just a house with a balcony)? You're family is there too helping out?

This is a public forum, therefore, when you post and ask for advice, you might hear something that you don't like. It's not a personal attack, because also, I don't know you. It is common sense though that it is dangerous to leave a puppy alone outside tied to a crate.

I have a rescued 6 year old sibe that can break out of a crate in less than 5 minutes. Had he been on a deck, chained to his crate, no doubt he would have killed himself. I was fortunate that he did not strangle himself with just a normal collar on and made it out unscathed. The person that adopted him for 2 weeks before me insisted on leaving him outside in a kennel that was not safe, and he moved 10 lb cinder blocks to dig out and escape. When they left him in a room with a door closed, they came home to a room with holes in the walls and a shredded sofa. It's really important to learn to understand who your husky is and how trusted they can be.

Be prepared to hear all different points of view. That's what happens when you throw yourself out there in public. And frankly, you don't have to like me, and you don't have to answer, that's also the beauty of a public forum, you can ignore what you want to. BUT, alas, many a member has been asked to leave because of personal attacks.

In reading your response also you obviously don't know too much, because huskies don't smell usually unless they've been rolling in something. I do wonder too if you are aware of exercise rules for puppies so as not to hurt their bones and ligaments while growing...it will be some time before he can run with you and I do hope you realize that when you take him to the beach your activities will be curtailed because you will be holding on to a lead. Huskies are not known for sitting and waiting for their owners to come back to them in public and allowing him off lead could be very dangerous in a public area like a beach.

So how long has it been that you have been waiting to get your husky? You said since 5th grade but you didn't tell us what "grade" you are in now!;)

obviously not! i dont know i am going to have to rethink it i guess i just thought he would have more fun out there

I'm late in getting to this thread, I've been trying to get some other stuff done. He will have the most fun being with you and playing with you; you're his pack leader (and maybe all his pack?) At five stories off the ground, he's not going to see much - and Husky's do like to take after birds, even when the birds are much too far away to catch, they love to run and chase.

how would they scare him to death i mean when he experiences them in the walk isn't it the same thing :$

Again, he's with you! You're his pack leader, his protector; he's going to look to you to see if he should be afraid or not. If you exude confidence ( or at least aren't worried ) then he will too.

The others have stated the obvious, but I'll reiterate it. I had a Husky who could jump a 6 foot fence - from a standing position on the ground. Your 5 foot balcony isn't going to stop him for long if he decides to chase the things he can see.

You said you're doing your hw ( homework ), means you're either a college student living on your own or possibly living at home? In either case, the best place - from many different viewpoints - is for him to be near you. In his crate sleeping, in his crate watching you, on the floor under your feet ( MINE! ) are some the places he's going to want to be. Husky's were bred to live with their human families - they don't understand being left alone ....