fav breakfast poll LOL

mydiamond

For those of us, not in the UK, what is a Full English Breakfast? What does it consist of? Thanks.

Eggs, bacon, sausages, toast, fried bread, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, black pudding, bubble and squeak, mug of tea or coffee. It really varies person to person but the eggs and bacon are a must!

Bubble and squeak is a combo of potato, cabbage and any other similar left overs that are fried up (an acquired taste). Knew someone would be unfamiliar with the term so thought I'd attempt to explain it now. Someone else would probably do it better but at least I tried! Lol

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My typical breakfast consists of oatmeal, a banana and coffee, but only because I don't have time for anything else and that's something quick I can make at work.

Weekends I typically make pancakes/waffles/french toast (depending on what I have available).

Or on lazy days (like today!) I just have cereal - no real favourites, I mix it up all the time. Today was Lucky Charms!

I'm awful - I do eat breakfast, and will almost always have some sort of fruit to start with - banana if I'm rushed (I usually am on days when I work!), and love red grapefruit when I have the time. I usually will also have a granola bar or two or some sort of pastry (donuts, coffee cake, scones) - the only time of the day when I really crave sweets! I'm much more likely to make bacon and eggs or pancakes for my supper...

Edit: I usually have a large mug of tea with breakfast - love the smell of coffee, but haven't ever liked the taste!

Eggs, bacon, sausages, toast, fried bread, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, black pudding, bubble and squeak, mug of tea or coffee. It really varies person to person but the eggs and bacon are a must!

Bubble and squeak is a combo of potato, cabbage and any other similar left overs that are fried up (an acquired taste). Knew someone would be unfamiliar with the term so thought I'd attempt to explain it now. Someone else would probably do it better but at least I tried! Lol

... and I'd be a lethargic basket case for the next two days if I put all of that in my stomach at one setting!!

my answer, btw, was English Tea and breads; in reality, it's coffee and breads. Often toast with marmalade, sometimes fried cakes.

For those of us, not in the UK, what is a Full English Breakfast? What does it consist of? Thanks.

The contents of a Full English breakfast depend greatly on the individual mine would consist of

Poached Eggs

Bacon

Sausage

Black pudding

Fried bread

Baked Beans

Toast

Orange juice

The contents of a Full English breakfast depend greatly on the individual mine would consist of

Poached Eggs

Bacon

Sausage

Black pudding

Fried bread

Baked Beans

Toast

Orange juice

what a big breakfast! :jawdrop: I doubt I can finish it all LOL may I be annoying and ask what a black pudding is :P

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. We've always referred to it as blood pudding (a little less appetizing to most, I think!). Mom and dad used to eat it when they were younger, but never fed it to us as kids so I must confess I've never tried it! I can see where the flavour would be good, but the texture of congealed blood is what turns my stomach!

Huh. We've always referred to it as blood pudding (a little less appetizing to most, I think!). Mom and dad used to eat it when they were younger, but never fed it to us as kids so I must confess I've never tried it! I can see where the flavour would be good, but the texture of congealed blood is what turns my stomach!

It tastes fantastic, considering it's just a Fried Scab with extra fat in.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm Nom Nom Nom.