Internet Trolls

Smokey

Grr..Admin. my goodness how do you handle internet trolls on this forum? Have we ever had any? I praise you for keeping this forum so good natured.

I am on another GSD forum and people can be nasty. For example, I posted my 'how cold is too cold' question on that site as well and got some really rude and snide remarks from people about keeping my dogs outdoors. They don't even know me or my culture/religion etc.

Are all of you just seriously so nice? It feel so genuine too...

:grouphug::( that's horrible. I've been on a couple forums I've left rather quickly do to such trolls. I've found three so far that have an amazing and very um what's the word. . .amicable or understanding I guess atmosphere. This being one of them. I'd see if you can find another forum or maybe post on the GSD community I'm on on fb? I can post if you want get you some good feedback :) Can I ask what forum it is (send me a pm dun wanna start nothing on here) the one I'm on seems fairly ok at least so far but I haven't posted to much on there lol I love it here to much :P

As a moderator on this forum, I think Marc, Sarah, and Dunc have set a high standard for this forum. It's not too often that problems arise. When they do, they are handled in a fair and straightforward manner. The supermods do a Fantastic job and have great insight into the heartbeat of this forum. And finally, the vast majority of members realize, that at the end of the day, we all share something in common, our love of Huskies.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

I hate internet trolls too. The best way to get rid of them is to not 'feed' them...basically ignore them when they make remarks and don't even acknowledge their presence. They're just there to make you angry and to, well, annoy the snot out of you.

Don't Feed the Trolls!

I haven't really noticed any on here, although the Staff do a wonderful job at keeping them at bay it seems. Maybe they have some sort of anti-troll spray!?

Really, though, sometimes its hard to distinguish trolls on here but I'm not going to elaborate on that.

<<snipped>>

Don't Feed the Trolls!

<< snipped >>

Really, though, sometimes its hard to distinguish trolls on here but I'm not going to elaborate on that.

I'm hungry!!! and I *am* not a troll, I just like to have fun! :)

I also get on usenet, wanna see "TROLL" just hit almost any usenet newsgroup!!!!

When we got our first white GSD "Bear" (RIP big boy) we joined a couple of GSD forums and

it took several days before we got an answer to our Intro post.

Then more days before we got a reply to our first questions.

aaaaand

when they discovered that Bear was a white we were treated with open disgust that we would have such an

abomination as they were not eligible for KC reg as an official breed of GSD and the colour was deemed to be a defect.

We never went back.

A year later we got Echo our 2nd White GSD.

To answer your question that they were too rude to answer.

How cold is too cold for GSD's

The answer is in the name and the primary breed characteristic.

They are Sheep herding dogs and guard dogs.

bred as a working dog to be used in the Alsace mountains in Germany

hence the name Alsatian. They have been bred to live and work outdoors.

Whilst they probably cannot take the extremes that Huskies can with their double insulated coat

they perform very well at low temperatures.

I am so glad that this forum does not condone such "Elitism"

We love Huskies mixed / crossed or pure.

I'm hungry!!! and I *am* not a troll, I just like to have fun! :)

I also get on usenet, wanna see "TROLL" just hit almost any usenet newsgroup!!!!

Also the IMDB message boards are 'troll central' as well. I like to go there sometimes for a laugh.

Smokey, sorry to hear you were treated so unkindly. We are all here for the love of the species, breed and there is no need to have anyone speak negative, rude or just to be a Troll. It is one thing to voice an opinion which we all have that right, but overall there is so much to learn from everyone's opinion. Sometimes we don't like to hear certain things, but it makes us think. Life is a constant learning and if we as humans could be as wonderful as our K-9's this world would be a better place to live in. They ask for so little and give so much back. We are glad you are part of our Pack.

Husky Lovers in Vermont

How do we keep this place troll free? * shrugs * I like this forum to express my values / morals - eg treat others how you would be treated etc - sometimes this is my downfall and some people have used it to walk all over me thinking as i'm so nice I will cave in - I have a nasty side, after all i'm a red head :P but i think all the staff treat everyone with respect and regard, they are all fair and concise, and the members are too - sometimes people get a bit OTT or hot headed but we're human!

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience xxx

Trolls are generally single people who deliberately cause annoyance and fights at other places. They're usually recognisable by only having a few post, none of them has actually made any contribution to the discussion so far and often use more than one account. They make arguments, don't listen to the fact and state other members are attacking him/her. We've had those here. When was the last time you saw them here? Don't know? Good, that means we properly removed them :D

YouTube is a good places to watch and feed trolls. Some of my previous videos attracted them and to be honest I love having a play with them (counter-trolling!) by throwing true facts and sources back at them and see how long before they get bored by me. These things can go on for months :D The benefit is that the comments on the videos quickly get filled by useful information which often gets up-voted all the way to the top :)

Sometimes you have entire communities which have very strong opinions about one of more subjects. Well, I honestly think any community has one - even on here we have subjects that should be rather avoided. However, we do our best to remove the 'annoyances' (even though often true). We need to stay open minded here. Stay open for opinions and back stories of others. Don't immediately assume, let others explain first. And if you still disagree, state in a nice way how and why you do so. If you can't respond in a calm way - leave it alone and let others deal with it :)

I've wanted to join another local dog forum recently. Been lurking for a bit now but I saw a thread popping up about "A new trend". Apparently, said trend is the castrating/spaying of dogs. Yes, you read that right. Nearly anyone was against fixing your animals as it's an unneeded operation done be the "lazy dog owners"! Needless to say, I did not read further, made a 180 degree turn and never returned again. This is the THIRD time a dog forum disappointed me. I keep coming back to here! :D

good question Smokey I got the very same question O_O just how in the world you guys make this place troll-free? This is probably the only troll-free forum I've ever seen! Great job mods and admins :clap: sorry to hear about your experience with trolls btw :( I met some of them previously, and hell they're not nice x_x

Only belong to this forum and had to read the posts as I didn't know what a troll was. What sad disappointed members of humanity they must be. Just goes to show you what a good forum this is. Also, I like reading about other pets people have besides their huskies. I also keep parrots and it is nice to hear how others manage to keep their birds and huskies in a happy co-existenance.

Only belong to this forum and had to read the posts as I didn't know what a troll was. What sad disappointed members of humanity they must be. Just goes to show you what a good forum this is. Also, I like reading about other pets people have besides their huskies. I also keep parrots and it is nice to hear how others manage to keep their birds and huskies in a happy co-existenance.

trolls range from those who answers your question in a very unpleasant manner to those who says bad words at you without being provoked at all :confused: youtube and yahoo answers is the most popular websites where trolls roam free =\ I've met few trolls before... And yep I agree, what sad disappointed members of humanity they must be!! x_x I have an internet friend that created a status that says "what do you think of the stories I make" and there's this person (total stranger!) that suddenly says "I think the stories you write are all stupid for example in *insert story title* I wouldn't do that if I were *character name* because blahblahblah" :confused: I think........ Some trolls are just a victim of stupidity :S:

I had to look up what an troll is too after some people pointed out to me in one of the threads...glad we don't have them here right? sheesh