All 3 Escaped!!!!

Sarah

:eek:

My dad and Marc were laying the foundations today to build a shed in our back garded, I took the boys out for a walk and on our way home we bumped into my friend and her kids, had a chat and she came back to mine for a brew.

The front door was left open and one of the kids opened the door into the hall and all 3 dogs shot out of the house so fast they were a blur!

:jawdrop:

I screamed for marc and dad and marc ran up the street after them - i grabbed the leads and dad shot to his car, we drove looking for them with me in a right state - Koda has no recall what so ever :(

We drove up and then turned round and then saw Koda running across the road with marc running up the hill I shouted him but he ignored me, Kimba and Kaiser were no where to be seen, i was so close to tears.......i ran into the middle of the road and waved at the cars to stop, Marc ran into the road but some IDIOT thought better and wanted to carry on driving up the hill - Marc slammed his fist into the guys bonnet and told him to wait (well a few obscenities were used)

He ran over towards Koda to intercept him and literally rugby tackled him - need to get him signed to a team! :clap:

That just left Kimba and Kaiser - who hearing my shouts, apeared at the end of another street - I called for them and they came running over to me so happy and excited to see me - me and dad grabbed them and then realised marc was on the verge of an asthma attack, so dad quickly drove him home so he could get his inhaler.

I walked home with the dogs shaking with relief! Got home and Sue and Duncan (Marc's mum and dad) had turned up to help, turns out Marc had called them as he was chasing the dogs

Thank you to Marc especially for saving Koda and to Susan and Dunc for driving up so quickly xxx

Note to all - Even if you NEVER let your husky off a lead - ALWAYS practice recall in a SAFE environment!!!!

Kimba and Kaiser have good recall but when they shot off they were gone! I am so lucky to have all 3 home safe x

Think of the breed and keep them on a lead!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad and Marc were laying the foundations today to build a shed in our back garded, I took the boys out for a walk and on our way home we bumped into my friend and her kids, had a chat and she came back to mine for a brew.

The front door was left open and one of the kids opened the door into the hall and all 3 dogs shot out of the house so fast they were a blur!

I screamed for marc and dad and marc ran up the street after them - i grabbed the leads and dad shot to his car, we drove looking for them with me in a right state - Koda has no recall what so ever :(

We drove up and then turned round and then saw Koda running across the road with marc running up the hill I shouted him but he ignored me, Kimba and Kaiser were no where to be seen, i was so close to tears.......i ran into the middle of the road and waved at the cars to stop, Marc ran into the road but some IDIOT thought better and wanted to carry on driving up the hill - Marc slammed his fist into the guys bonnet and told him to wait (well a few obscenities were used)

He ran over towards Koda to intercept him and literally rugby tackled him - need to get him signed to a team! :clap:

That just left Kimba and Kaiser - who hearing my shouts, apeared at the end of another street - I called for them and they came running over to me so happy and excited to see me - me and dad grabbed them and then realised marc was on the verge of an asthma attack, so dad quickly drove him home so he could get his inhaler.

I walked home with the dogs shaking with relief! Got home and Sue and Duncan (Marc's mum and dad) had turned up to help, turns out Marc had called them as he was chasing the dogs

Thank you to Marc especially for saving Koda and to Susan and Dunc for driving up so quickly xxx

Note to all - Even if you NEVER let your husky off a lead - ALWAYS practice recall in a SAFE environment!!!!

Kimba and Kaiser have good recall but when they shot off they were gone! I am so lucky to have all 3 home safe x

Just dont rugby tackle on concrete .... It hurts LOL

I don't look forward to having this worry when I eventually have my own full husky! Kiska's recall is spot on and I've never had the worry about doors being left open - she wouldn't even want to go and explore, let alone run off! I've been sat out the front (we live in a cul-de-sac) with my friends washing their cars and had Kiska wandering loose around us. It's lovely to not have the stress that seems to come with dogs that bolt, my housemate's jack russel is like that and if the door goes she has to be shut away or picked up before we open the door or she's gone and does NOT come back. Wouldn't put me off though :D

So glad to hear they're back safe :yahoo: Even if Marc is a little worse for wear! :confused::dog3:

bloody hell, well done Marc!

Im so glad we've only had one get out at a time, Kira's the only one who's ever got further than next door, OH's dad left the front door and BOTH inside doors open one day! Keyu's only ever escaped out the garden, and we're lucky our garden is completely surrounded by the neighbours gardens (which are all secure). Grey's never even tried to get out of the back garden

Having one get loose would be bad enough. But three at once! So glad the are safe. Hope Marc did not get too banged up.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

:omg::yikes: :eek: Oh Thank God you found and were able to re-capture them! How very true about the leads I hope Nick the newbie reads this so very important never let them off lead!! Great Work Marc! courageous and with asthma to boot well done!! :cup::clap: So glad they are safe. Hope Mark has no repercussions from this bout! Thank you for the narration, it's an important lesson for all people who are "Owned" by Huskies! Blessings!!!

Carmen OFM

<< much snipped >>

We need to keep that line handy! Short and to the point!!

Just dont rugby tackle on concrete .... It hurts LOL

But given the other choice Marc, did it really hurt all that bad?? Wimp!! :)

Seriously, glad that you got them all back quickly! Sounds like you had it all lined up for just such an accident! Good on you!!