All 3 Escaped!!!!

Sarah

I don't look forward to having this worry when I eventually have my own full husky! Kiska's recall is spot on and I've never had the worry about doors being left open - she wouldn't even want to go and explore, let alone run off! I've been sat out the front (we live in a cul-de-sac) with my friends washing their cars and had Kiska wandering loose around us. It's lovely to not have the stress that seems to come with dogs that bolt, my housemate's jack russel is like that and if the door goes she has to be shut away or picked up before we open the door or she's gone and does NOT come back. Wouldn't put me off though :D

So glad to hear they're back safe :yahoo: Even if Marc is a little worse for wear! :confused::dog3:

Keep thinking like that. I had a dog with good recall for almost three years and god how I miss her, have no idea where she is!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew!.. Never a dull moment with huskies eh. I bet Marc never imagined he'd be reliving his schoolboy rugby days again, not to mention the heart failure, asthma attack an your mind going at a million miles an hour. I think you need a holiday to help you recover :)

Glad you're all of you safe an sound an all in one piece

I am so glad they are back safe and well. Met up with someone yesterday who has a husky cross who recently opened her front door and her dog barged through when it was just 6"wide and was off and running and got hit by a car. Luckily dog is ok after an overnight at the vets. Sarah is right some car drivers don't care about loose dogs and are impatient. She had the challenge of trying to handle her dog lying on it's side wimpering in pain and the car driver want to get her details in case her dog had damaged her car because as the driver said "in case your dog has damaged my car"

Andy also had a lucky escape earlier this week as well and am sure he wouldn't want to relive that experience again. Sarah is right it is so important to safely teach recall. I lost Ollie for nearly 4 hours on 27 Dec and never want to go through that experience again. It was made worse because I couldn't walk. When I called Ollie when he got loose he just turned round and looked at me and just went back to running off. Luckily it was a bank holiday and his scavanging for food saved him as he got caught up in some rubbish where a house is being renovated around the corner otherwise I truly think he wouldn't be with us anymore.

WOW so you see it only takes 1 second...Happy that they are all safe and sound.

and yes a rugby tackle on concrete hurts I know from personal experience.....

Well done. Wish I'd had a team of trackers out looking for my 2.

An open door is just waaaaaay too much temptation for ANY Husky no matter how well trained or how much recall they have.

Our problem as Husky owners is, OTHER PEOPLE. They don't realise the problem that leaving a door slightly open whilst they "nip out to the car" can cause.

Glad you have all 3 back home and safe! I can only imagine how Marc managed to tackle a Husky lol! As for the guy who wasn't going to stop - unbelievable! Some people are so selfish and deserve every bit of abuse they get!

Glad to hear you got them back safe and sound..its alwAys a worry of mine as neeko,s recall is none existant..we had an episode on Friday when he pulled on the lead a little to much an the lead flew out ov Sharon's hand. That left me an the kids chasing neeko thru the park..he thought we was playing as usuall..

OMG!! Thank goodness Kimba & Kaiser know recall; that seemed like the easy bit, but as you say, the worry is not only the likes of Koda for whom recall is a non-existent word, but the idiots that walk & drive our streets & don't give a hoot about anyone or anything else. And on such a busy road too - your blood pressure must have been through the roof!

So glad they are safe & sound :D