Husky or Wolf

Lurio

YEAH you guys are right i need to cool down and i have researched it's just that where i live there are stupid people that do that and papers don't exist here its just buying a puppy from a BYB or petshop so thats why i was worried.

Another thing today i was hanging out with him at the park and came from behind grabbed on to my sweatshirt and bit it and he tore it (a little bit) but still i dont want to strike him so what do i do in that situation i mean ive only had him for 4 days but how do you stop that

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YEAH you guys are right i need to cool down and i have researched it's just that where i live there are stupid people that do that and papers don't exist here its just buying a puppy from a BYB or petshop so thats why i was worried.

Another thing today i was hanging out with him at the park and came from behind grabbed on to my sweatshirt and bit it and he tore it (a little bit) but still i dont want to strike him so what do i do in that situation i mean ive only had him for 4 days but how do you stop that

It sounded like he was playing. You NEED to teach him that playing rough with you/your family is unacceptable, because when he gets bigger he won't know any better and he'll have bigger teeth...

Have you started training him yet? It sounds like he sees you as a littermate and NOT the pack leader, which you should be.

It sounded like he was playing. You NEED to teach him that playing rough with you/your family is unacceptable, because when he gets bigger he won't know any better and he'll have bigger teeth...

Have you started training him yet? It sounds like he sees you as a littermate and NOT the pack leader, which you should be.

i started with sit today i he did great. Really he follows me around though and i have tried to be the pack leader like go through doors first, take his food from him what should i do

Keep in mind those same "stupid people" also put Siberian Husky puppies on the market AS wolfdogs when they are as wolfdog as the neighbors Chihuahua. If it helps them sell fast or for more money don't put it past someone to call an orange an apple if they have no ethics. I cannot tell you how many "High Content Wolfhybrids" I have rescued over the years that were just poorly socialized and poorly bred Siberians. It makes me very angry because it does nothing to help the reputation of the Siberian Husky breed, and ill-educates people on the true nature of Wolfdogs.

As for the situation, my Denali used to do the same thing. He's a very "Alpha" personality just like his poppa and grandpop, it took time and consistency as well as persistent training to get him to stop....even now he'll sometimes forget but a quick verbal reminder brings him back in line. Hang in there, as you say you have only had him for a few days, it's going to take more than 4-5 days for him to understand you as a pack leader and what your rules are, especially if there is any laps in consistency.

Keep in mind those same "stupid people" also put Siberian Husky puppies on the market AS wolfdogs when they are as wolfdog as the neighbors Chihuahua. If it helps them sell fast or for more money don't put it past someone to call an orange an apple if they have no ethics. I cannot tell you how many "High Content Wolfhybrids" I have rescued over the years that were just poorly socialized and poorly bred Siberians. It makes me very angry because it does nothing to help the reputation of the breed, and ill-educates people on the true nature of Wolfdogs.

As for the situation, my Denali used to do the same thing. He's a very "Alpha" personality just like his poppa and grandpop, it took time and consistency as well as persistent training to get him to stop....even now he'll sometimes forget but a quick verbal reminder brings him back in line. Hang in there, as you say you have only had him for a few days, it's going to take more than 4-5 days for him to understand you as a pack leader and what your rules are, especially if there is any laps in consistency.

Really hope you are right because i can tell he is a great pup he just needs some direction. :D