For those with fenced yards: how high is the fence?

ponder85

And have you ever had any problems with your dog escaping?

My fence is only four feet. Troy has never jumped it, but he did walk up a pile of wood, and jump into my neighbor's fence... Which I found amusing.

My question is basically who has a dog that's jumped a fence, how high is the fence, and how long did it take for them to realize they could jump it? I'm pretty sure Troy could hop right over my fence. I'm lucky he doesn't know it. Lol.

And have you ever had any problems with your dog escaping?

My fence is only four feet. Troy has never jumped it, but he did walk up a pile of wood, and jump into my neighbor's fence... Which I found amusing.

My question is basically who has a dog that's jumped a fence, how high is the fence, and how long did it take for them to realize they could jump it? I'm pretty sure Troy could hop right over my fence. I'm lucky he doesn't know it. Lol.

I've seen Suka jump 6ish feet high from a standstill. And I haven't had any problems; he's on a tie out cause my neighbours' fences suck. :P

I have a 6 ft. chain link fence. I have been told some huskies can climb chain link fences, but luckily, my boys don't seem to do this. Since installing the 6 ft. fence (my previous was about 4 ft high), Viggo, Tika, and even Mr. Bear have never gotten out.

Mine are 6ft at the back and on one side, but on the other side it's only 4ft (neighbours fence, not mine) I know Roxy could jump it if she wanted to, i've seen her jump higher, but she's a bit of a wuss and doesn't like to be out long without us. Anyway to be on the safe side she's on a tie out, just incase something in my neighbours garden catches her eye!

We have 6' and 7' vibracrete/concrete walls surrounding the entire property with 7' gates - they have never tried to get over. We also have a 4' fence which separates the backyard from the front garden and a 4' pool fence and they have never tried to jump that either. Just lucky I guess :rolleyes:

They are never outside if I am not home though - just in case they decide to jump the fence and try to find me.

Mine are 6 feet also. Jumping over wasn't a problem, but digging under was! Had to fortify the base with concrete blocks.

Wyatt has successfully cleared a 6 foot fence with only a small pile of wood at the base to get him started. Now I make sure not to store anything up against the fence at all!

Ours is 6ft an Loki has gone over twice from a standing jump. I've a sneaky feeling he was enticed by the neighbours 8 yr old as our end garden fence backs onto a public path. And Loki has never shown any desire to leave home lol he knows where his bread is buttered lol