How much exercise do people give their dogs?

slacky79

Hi all, was just wondering how much exercise people give their dogs? I'm a bit of a fitness freak And run my boys pretty much every day ranging from 5 to 15 miles they even did a full off road marathon Reece with me the other day for a race I've got end of the month :-) they truly are the best running partners I could ever want. And get so excited when they see their harness lol :-)

Not a mush as i would like.

Now the mornings and evenings are lighter they get more, but Most days they get half hour to hour walk either once in evening or morning and evening.

at the weekends they either get an hour or 2 walk around the woods, or we go to a big open area for an hour and play fetch :) or i throw the ball they run to it and then i have to go fetch it lol

when i get the money for equipment they will be doing the biking with me

Mine don't get as much as a lot of huskies on the forum, but they are happy with what they do get. On weekends they run with my husband on the beach or in the forest. If he is doing serious training for a specific race, he will take them out, one at a time. He takes Ozzy for strength training and Micah for speed - it works well for him, but the one left at home is not a happy chappie :rolleyes:

I cycle with my Keira for 1 hour in the morning, and an hour after work Monday to Friday, and 2 hours Satuday... so she gets to run a lot until she wants to walk/sniff around.

Sunday we go to our local husky meet at black park, for around 5 hours

We don't have an enclosed garden so our guys have to be taken out to do their "bizzniss" :)

So they get an average of 5 half hour walks per day.

diva gets about 1.5 to 2 hours a day at the moment and shes also learning commands so that when she is older she can do some bikejoring

my staffies milli and jessie get about the same and also run with the bike 2/3 times a week xx

Diamond didn't get as much exercise as I wanted to give him :( but guess 2 long walks each day is enough for a lazy fur ball like him .___. he also gets mental exercise about 5-15 minutes per day. If I sum it all up, he gets about 2 hours of exercise each day :up: back when I'm in junior high I had more free time and he got about 3 hours of exercise per day but somehow he doesn't seem to mind the suddenly-reduced exercise time O_O

About 40mins walking 2-3 days throughout the week

20mins walking the other days

Weekends is around an hours walk if the weathers nice. same walk but about 20mins if its cold lol (we just run it all to get back to the warm lol). Guessing around 30-40mins of rough housing with Gizmo every day :)

But now the weathers getting warmer and sunnier im hoping to explore some new routes in the woods so maybe an hours walk everyday during the week soon. yay :D

• 2 weeks later...