Must ask ourselves 'Why?'

Austinville

Oh yeah, I heard about that. :(

I, personally, can't relate...but maybe killing yourself afterwards is a bit extreme...but what do I know, the only pet I've lost so far was a budgie (bird) and that's not nearly the same as a dog...

That is heartbreaking :(

The guilt I felt when we put our Great Dane to sleep when her cancer returned was indescribable. Even today I often regret the deicision and think maybe we should have gone for more aggressive treatment, but then the next day I think, no that would have been too hard on her - so the guilt comes and goes, and somehow you need to come to terms with it.

He must have been in a very bad place to start with, but I can understand him doing what he did - poor guy :(

This quote in the artice is something some people just don't understand.

Among the thousands of families that I’ve helped in this process, I generally hear the statement, ‘I don’t know how to live,’ †says Ellis. "We need to recognize how big, how deep and how intense the human-animal bond can be.â€Â

I'd heard of a dog owner - who had huskies and raced them - committed suicide after he lost his sight and wouldn't ever see his beloved dogs again. Depressed him that much, he killed himself. It was sad and sort of shocking, too.

very sad, i would move for my dogs.

Ive lost family, friends and pets before, and the pain to me is the same, heartbreaking.

Personally, i believe taking your own life is a selfish act, and i would never do it myself. no matter how bad things are there is always something that can be done, you've just got to remember that....easier said then done though