Our baby

Winnie71

Well we have had Rusko for 4 months it has been a horrible rollercoaster and caused many family arguments etc. He is on his second lot of puppy training he still has a long way to go "he has a lot of bad habits" he has stopped trying to bite us most of the time when he does it is only a half hearted attempt. He is becoming that beautiful dog that we had a glimpse of the first time we met him I think another 6 months and he will be there.

post-6359-13586026990888_thumb.jpg

post-6359-13586026991443_thumb.jpg

He is gorgeous - I am so glad you see what he can be instead of just the 'not so good' things. Huskies are definitely a handful, but once they know the boundaries, they are a dream to share your life with. Well done to you :clap: I wish more people would go to so much trouble :)

Thank you all for your support. Lol, the dog trainer lady took us to one side last night and said that we would have to make a decission in the next few weeks on what to do with him, (he just gets his stubborn head on in class sometimes you say down and he will go down just in his own time and she thinks we are wrong with not wanting him to go off lead and that it is only bad training with Huskies that stops them doing recall all the time.

Thank you all for your support. Lol, the dog trainer lady took us to one side last night and said that we would have to make a decission in the next few weeks on what to do with him, (he just gets his stubborn head on in class sometimes you say down and he will go down just in his own time and she thinks we are wrong with not wanting him to go off lead and that it is only bad training with Huskies that stops them doing recall all the time.

I'd be looking for a different trainer....

agree with looking for a different trainer, or bring her the front page of every rescue or breeders page that talks about never taking the husky off lead. You could get a 50 or 100 ft lead instead to use during that time in class. Shame on her. Don't know where you at but sounds like what i hear at the PetSmart classes and have had them try to convince me that their 5 by 5 training circle could include my 3 huskies with four other dogs that are all squirrel and rabbit size....I don't think so!:jawdrop:

I too agree that a different trainer is in order - one who at least knows and understands the Husky mindset. When Zoya was a pup in class, she took on a Great Dane. It was fun to watch this little Husky overwhelming this much larger Great Dane pup.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

I can remember having the same conversation with our puppy trainer and he just wouldn't listen... So off lead Freya went and it was the most funniest thing, we where in an enclosed barn so I wasn't so worried. But Freya just rang around everyone in a figure of 8 with her silly "I'm free" head on :D it took us ages to catch her and the trainer never suggested she go off lead again :P she's now 3 and the most beautiful husky you could meet

agree with looking for a different trainer, or bring her the front page of every rescue or breeders page that talks about never taking the husky off lead. You could get a 50 or 100 ft lead instead to use during that time in class. Shame on her. Don't know where you at but sounds like what i hear at the PetSmart classes and have had them try to convince me that their 5 by 5 training circle could include my 3 huskies with four other dogs that are all squirrel and rabbit size....I don't think so!:jawdrop:

:eek: That could get real ugly real fast. Where do "trainers" get their educations anyway? It seems that far too many of them are far too limited in their knowledge base.

LOL when I read that I thought the same thing, sounds like Petsmart training! We tried it with our first. Our trainer told us we'd never have a Siberian walk loose leash without walking aid gimmicks that he could sell us....He also told us we were wasting our time in obedience class with a Siberian since they are not obedient dogs. We walked away without looking back. Our dog was for the better for it.