Marking territory in the house??

heatherp438

Is he fully house trained?

At this age, I think he would be just becoming a teenager so he'd be rebellious. Does he cock his leg when he urinates on the stuff or does he squat?

And by 'his area', do you have a separate room for him? Is he allowed to roam the rest of the house?

Does he and your pug get along? How old is your pug, and what gender (and are they fixed?)?

I'm assuming your husky isn't neutered yet because he's too young, but I heard that neutering helps with problems like this. Talk to your vet first, though...

He is doing it at night so I am unsure if he is raising his leg or not. By area, we have a spot in our house that we put up a gate to enclose him and the put at night on a tiled area of the house. He is allowed to roam the house when we are in there. He seems to be housebroken now with the exception of this problem. He does let me know when he has to go out. The pug is a male and is not yet fixed. We plan on getting them both fixed.

He is doing it at night so I am unsure if he is raising his leg or not. By area, we have a spot in our house that we put up a gate to enclose him and the put at night on a tiled area of the house. He is allowed to roam the house when we are in there. He seems to be housebroken now with the exception of this problem. He does let me know when he has to go out. The pug is a male and is not yet fixed. We plan on getting them both fixed.

It is easy to figure out whether he is lifting his leg or not. Are the pee stains extending onto walls/higher surfaces or if there is an object, does it seem to have just absorbed the pee from a puddle or does it seems to have been peed on? Is the amount of pee small enough to suggest he didn't actually need to go to the toilet badly? If so, he is marking them.

I think he may be marking... but more likely, he is not fully house trained yet. How often do you let him out? You might have to try to do it more often. At that age, letting him out every 3 to 4 hours should be appropriate. And at least once at night, possibly twice. A pup of that age can't be expected to hold it throughout the night.

In any case, if he really is marking, it is crucial to clean extremely well everything that he has peed on. Including the tiles/furniture in his area. Unfortunately, I have lots of experience with marking - my boy used to do it a lot when he was 6-9 months old and he did raise his leg... those weren't the nicest times. He did stop when he grew up, but we also had to repaint the wall he has peed on to neutralize the smell for good.

Have you considered crate training?