For Those of You With Husky Mixes

Seppun

Skip to the bolded part if you don't want to read all of this. :P

Our older dog (well, I say old, she's only 3) Kira, is a Husky/Collie mix. She's a rescue so you know she may have more than that mixed in there. Anyways, despite being a mix she has never been a talker like...at all. She gets your attention through sitting in front of you or trying to shake or just laying over on you, what have you. She'll bark if people come to the door but its just a normal dog bark and that's it. She has never been around a Husky until we brought Zelda home a little over a month ago.

Zelda talks a lot. Everything is "aroo aroo" but we've noticed over the past week that if Kira gets excited she has started Husky talking! We've had her since she was about 10 weeks old and never so much as a peep and now within a month she asks for food or attention with talking and I even caught her howling with Zelda during a particularly intense play session. I've tried having her watch videos to no avail and this happened so quickly. I feel a little silly that this makes me so happy, but I can't help but grin when I've got both of them yapping at each other.

Those of you with mixes, have you experienced your dog learning to "Husky talk" after being exposed to a Sibe?

kira3years1.th.jpg

LOL, I've actually found it worked the other way!

Wyatt, our purebred, has always been pretty quiet. Since we got Scout, a German shepherd cross, Wyatt has really come out of his shell and gotten much more talkative. Scout was pretty talkative from the getgo.

I'm not entire sure if Suka's a purebred or a mix cause he's adopted (people on here tell me he's either a Sibe/Mal or he's a pure Sibe from racing lines). I asked around, and apparently Suka's size (76-77 pounds and 25 inches) is still considered to be a horse of a dog for racing lines...so I don't know. Maybe he just wasn't bred very well.

ANYWAYS...

He's not talkative at all...he only makes sounds for the door or to let us know he wants something. Ever since I taught him 'speak', he's been a little more vocal but you can hardly notice it.

He isn't bothered by howling videos (wolf or husky), nor wooing videos from other huskies. Not even when he hears other huskies woo or making a fuss at the dog park, he's still quiet.

That just might be his personality (dogality?), though.

Glad to hear that Kira's 'talking', though! :)

Not sure if it's Kiana or the GSD part of Diesel but yeah definitely the two have arguments quite often. Here's a vid as proof lol they like to interrupt my movies :rolleyes: Diesel didn't start talking until about I had him about half a year maybe a bit longer before Kiana taught him the joys of chattering. I think GSDs are prone to it but with husky in him to who knows LOL.

Zz4Ay5JOtLc

Kiska has never been a big talker but as she's got older she now does have her moments, lol! When she's feeling particularly playful or frustrated she'll start 'talking' instead of barking, but she's not learned this from anyone, she's just developed it herself.

I have a purebred husky, a husky-alsatian cross and a purebred staffy.

Simba is our staffy she is 13yrs young and we can count on one hand the times we have heard her bark and she never talked.

We got Trooper our purebred sibe at 10wks Feb last year and Echo our cross in October.

This last week or so simba has been making herself heard lol it's quite funny really it's not quite a bark and not a aroo as you put it but more of a squeak-bark-roo lol I should try and record her it's so cute

εїÃ· H εїÃ·