Struggling with walking 2 dogs at the same time: how do others manage?

Mollys_mum

With SolitaryHowl in mind, I made this yesterday. :D

Rather pleased with my efforts although I had several hissy fits with my daughter who was rather careless with leaving the 'deadly' chocolate on the worktop whilst she went to the bathroom. Looks a bit, well, squishy in the pic' but it turned out fine considering it was my first attempt. Won't be making another one though; it caused far too much anxiety for me with the dogs around. post-430-0-28066900-1392244199.jpg

post-5833-13586027315391_thumb.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With SolitaryHowl in mind, I made this yesterday. :D

Rather pleased with my efforts although I had several hissy fits with my daughter who was rather careless with leaving the 'deadly' chocolate on the worktop whilst she went to the bathroom. Looks a bit, well, squishy in the pic' but it turned out fine considering it was my first attempt. Won't be making another one though; it caused far too much anxiety for me with the dogs around. [ATTACH=full]42920[/ATTACH]

Wow. I love you - you're like my new best friend right now! LOL

Did you make it from scratch or from the box? I love making cake, cause usually its gone in a matter of days...with me eating most of it. LOL

Hm...I don't know if we've had this before, but maybe we should all do a husky cake competition...where the one who makes the most delicious looking/husky-looking cake wins and they get to 'free try' the site sponsor features for like 2 weeks or something. Staff ...like that idea?

Wow. I love you - you're like my new best friend right now! LOL

Did you make it from scratch or from the box? I love making cake, cause usually its gone in a matter of days...with me eating most of it. LOL

Hm...I don't know if we've had this before, but maybe we should all do a husky cake competition...where the one who makes the most delicious looking/husky-looking cake wins and they get to 'free try' the site sponsor features for like 2 weeks or something. Staff ...like that idea?

If you wanna do that competition, yeah I'll go with that prize ..... Go enjoy yourself :)

i walk my 2 huskies and my german shepherd all together on every walk

they have seperate leads but i tie them together...... im likw 9 stone and 5ft 2

it can be done with training....a lot of training

How do you avoid getting pulled over? I think I have it worse, because I'm lighter than you (115 pounds) and taller (5 ft 6)

From the box?! Excuuuuse me! I made this from scratch and all because of you!:D

LOL - even better! :D

Good job...if I could reach through my screen and grab a piece I would!

Okay, I'm up for it.:D How do you get to judge?!!! Do we post you samples of cake?:D

I just posted a thread in the competition zone...and I don't judge - the whole forum does!

LOL - that's not a bad idea. Maybe I'll have to change the rules so I can taste-test 'em!

You'll probably need to start by using a training tool such as a Halti head harness / Canny collar or Walk your dog with love harness.

these help to make your dog not pull so much.

The way they work is when the dog pulls the tool pulls them to one side diverting their energy away from straight pulling.

Most dogs do not like the Halti or Canny collar however they soon adjust.

You'll soon find that they stop pulling so much and begin walking better.

You now need to begin some one to one loose lead training with each dog.

after a few MONTHS you will notice that they walk more calmly all the time.

This is when you can start phasing out the Halti or canny collar and switch to their normal collar.

gradually you'll find that they only pull hard to try and chase cats or squirrels but walk nicely otherwise.

This is how we trained ours.

However it took a YEAR to get all three walking nicely.

We can now walk all three in one hand.

the rule with huskies is :

There is no quick solution to anything.

they are very intelligent BUT hard to train out of their natural instincts such as pulling and their prey drive.

However with TIME and PATIENCE it can be achieved.