Horrific cruelty in the death of Vucko - Petition

Ravenwolf

I did a search and it didn't look like this has been posted before, so apologies if it was and I missed it.

This is a petition urging the Bosnian authorities not only to actively investigate this act of unbelievable torture, but to strengthen Bosnia's virtually non-existent animal cruelty laws.

I really don't think there's anything I can add to this, because I'm sure you share my feelings of horror, outrage, despair, and the desire for mob vengeance should the sickos actually be caught.

[Warning: graphic images]

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/441/petition-for-the-dog-whose-face-was-torn-off-after-people-put-a-lit-firework-in-his-mouth-and-later/

The petition is open until May 19, 2012.

Below is an excerpt from the article in the Examiner:

http://www.examiner.com/animal-advocacy-in-national/seeking-justice-for-horrific-cruelty-death-of-vucko

On November 11th in Sarajevo, two drunken teenagers duct taped a firecracker inside of Vucko's mouth and lit it, blowing off most of his face. But the cruelty didn't end there, because they simply walked away and left him there to suffer.

For 5 long days, Vucko was lost, alone and in agony in the streets of Sarajevo, suffering from maggots that infested the gaping wounds on what once was his face. It's incomprehensible the amount of pain he must have been in.

Once he was finally taken in by authorities, the doctors decided the only kind thing to do was to euthanize him to stop his suffering...

...Please consider adding your signature to [this] critical [petition], and to share [it] with others as well. Advocates everywhere need to raise their voices and tell the world that this kind of heinous and heartless cruelty will not go unpunished.

Signed - Should do same thing to them

I'm truly all for letting the punishment fit the crime. Even better to do it to more minor extent. Let's duct tape a fircracker one of each of their hands and set them off. Then they can experience a fraction of what that dog endured and can be reminded of their cruelty every time they look at the mangled remains of their hands for the rest of their miserable lives.

I'm truly all for letting the punishment fit the crime. Even better to do it to more minor extent. Let's duct tape a fircracker one of each of their hands and set them off. Then they can experience a fraction of what that dog endured and can be reminded of their cruelty every time they look at the mangled remains of their hands for the rest of their miserable lives.

Better still tape it to their manhood as that way they won't be able to procreate either

Poor pup :( Ive seen this picture everywhere and it always says a different place.

Yeah, it was first brought to my attention on Facebook, with no information other than "join this cause!" What cause? From where? When did it happen? These kind of things are usualy BS, so I googled it to see if it was BS or 19 years ago or some such thing and found the links above attesting to its veracity, along with location and dates.

I don't know why people feel the need to change information. Sure someone might be more horrified if they think it happened in their own backyard, but what does lying like that hope to achieve? The whole point of the petition is to get the attention of the Bosnian government, so why circulate the image and a vague story just to shock and horrify? That some people get off on spreading gruesome tales like that for no benefit bothers me too.

Stories circulate all the time on Facebook with horrific images and made up stories to go along with them, often routing to either nothing for the reasons above, pretending that some big company will contribute money to the pretend cause if you forward it. It's sickening. I won't forward or promote anything unless it can be verified by at least 3 legit sources.

ive just clicked the first link - to the petition site , and it says the page isnt available?

poor puppy :(

Odd, it's still working when I try. You can go to the article on the examiner.com website and at the bottom they have links to the petition there as well. Click on the first petition link and it should take you to the active petition (there's one that is disabled/finished).