Don't wanna blow my own trumpet, but ....

Val (Zebedee)

Congrats! :D

I remember taking a CPR course in grade 10 gym (highschool). I got my certification and everything, but I ended up losing the certificate and I eventually forgot how to do the chest pumps WITHOUT breaking your ribs. So, if you need CPR and I'm around...I'll probably help but you'll end up with broken ribs. LOL

Congrats Val! It's a wonderful accreditation to have!

Congrats! :D

I remember taking a CPR course in grade 10 gym (highschool). I got my certification and everything, but I ended up losing the certificate and I eventually forgot how to do the chest pumps WITHOUT breaking your ribs. So, if you need CPR and I'm around...I'll probably help but you'll end up with broken ribs. LOL

I renew my Standard First Aid every 2 years. The way St. John's has always taught is not to worry about it. If you have to do chest compressions, you likely WILL crack ribs; don't even worry about it. Saving life vs. discomfort of broken ribs - no question. Ribs heal. Keeping the fingers elevated when doing compressions helps reduce the risk, but if it happens, you just keep going - you aren't going to puncture a lung or anything like that.

Thanks, everyone - I did St John training years ago but it has changed a bit ....

Congrats Val! It's a wonderful accreditation to have!

I renew my Standard First Aid every 2 years. The way St. John's has always taught is not to worry about it. If you have to do chest compressions, you likely WILL crack ribs; don't even worry about it. Saving life vs. discomfort of broken ribs - no question. Ribs heal. Keeping the fingers elevated when doing compressions helps reduce the risk, but if it happens, you just keep going - you aren't going to puncture a lung or anything like that.

I did get told last time I would have cracked a few of his ribs, but he would have survived, this time I get told I blow a lot of air into the lungs! :rolleyes: Not bad for an asthmatic!! :P But the guys who assessed us were really nice (except the one overseeing the dressings, he was a Mancunian & kept kicking my feet while I was on the floor!!) :whistling::rofl: