normal or scrabbies?

miguel

My husky is pregnant and I heard that due to this the bitch would lose hair in the abdomen part. but is this normal?

she had scrabbies before and she fully recovered from it. she had a shot for something that kills insects.

but this time incase it is since she scratches herself again most of the time, she wont be able to take vaccines cause she's pregnant right? what shall I do incase these are parasites?

post-6003-1358602812167_thumb.jpg

post-6003-13586028126732_thumb.jpg

If she has had scabies/ mange could this not be transfered onto the pups too, we had a welfare sibe that had demodex mange & it returned so had to treat her again. The pics with the furloss inside leg looks a little like this,bitches dont usually lose fur inside of their legs when pregnant. Looks like fur loss on her lower part of legs too. Your vet should be able to maybe take a scrapping of the skin & check for mange/ scabies mites i would think under a microscope .

Never had to deal with a pregnant bitch with mange, so I don't know what treatment could be used. I would think that the stresses of the hormones and pregnancy could cause the disease to become active, if it was simply dormant. They do lose fur on their bellies - and usually after having puppies will lose pretty much all of their fur, but the blotchiness of the skin could/might indicate a problem. I would suggest talking to another vet, if your vet can't help you or if you aren't confident of his/her suggestions for treatment...