Molly has injured her front paw...advice on care?

Mollys_mum

Not great pics - couldn't get the light or good focus that close:post-11023-0-22881700-1395711930_thumb.j

It is healing, not sure if this is quick progress or not. Molly is much happier in herself and can hobble on it when bandaged, rather than hopping. We think the pink bit around the edge of the cut is new growth? The darkish red in the middle still needs time.

Any comments?

post-5918-13586030193138_thumb.jpg

post-5918-1358603019903_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has been going nuts today, jumping up at the window, climbing on the window ledge, howling at the door - obviously feeling better enough to *want* to go outside. For the last few days, she has just been flopping on her chair. So we decided to take her for a very short walk in the park but were not sure of the best way to do it. Extra bandaging obviously, and then the lightbulb moment - Molly's_Mum spotted some bubble wrap in the kitchen. So we made this:

post-2355-0-60222600-1395764897_thumb.jp

Bubble wrap for padding and gaffa tape to hold it together. Only a short trip round the park so she could stretch her legs and it seemed to have done her a lot of good. When we got back the damage to the improvised boot was - a few bubbles had popped. Absolutely no damage to the foot. I was thinking along the lines of those rubber blocks you sometimes see on the bottom of an ankle cast - hard enough not to wear through but with padding for comfort

post-5918-13586030251715_thumb.jpg

Getting there! Taking her for *short* walks with extra padding / bubble wrap on her foot so that she can actually get 'out & about'. The healing process is going quite well, but I'm not sure she will be ready for the Marlow meet, should be ready for Virginia Water though...

Same thing happened with our Bolt had him to the vets they put him under, cleaned and cut the flap of skin from the side of his pad, bandaged it up and got antibiotics think they charged £38.00 to be fair i really like the Vets i've found now. Much better than the old vets (Butchers more like)

Its taken 3 weeks to get to how it is now

post-5138-13586031102976_thumb.jpg