100ft Long Leash

Langy91

Hey guys, been trying to find one of these for awhile and i'm unsure on which I should get...

The "best" one i've found so far seems to be:

1inch thick 25mm Webbing

24bqemr.jpg

does anyone have better solutions? I live in the UK, I did find a guy on Amazon who I think someone on here linked awhile ago but he doesnt ship to U.K. (Guy is in Colorado)

Looks fine. I have a 50ft which is a similar spec. It has to be an inch wide,I dont know how you compare quality really. - They all look the same in pics. I suppose if it says 'doublestictched - extra strength' , etc it should be ok.

Hi there,

I don't have one myself but I have seen lots for sale recently on Ebay.There is currently one on offer for £6.50 with £2.50p&p.It comes in black or red and you have the option of a D ring in the handle.It is not as thick as the one in the picture but it is 3/4 of an inch and suitable for medium size dogs .They can also make any size to order.Seems very reasonable.Seller is redalertsecurityservices 100% positive.There are also lots of others on Ebay,mostly priced around £12 or £13.You can also get 150 or even 200ft leads.Hope this helps.:) Good Luck with your search!

i have 2 50ft leads both of which are meant for horses none of mine or my friends dogs have managed to break them other than from chewing it lol

We got this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330663064831 with added D ring in handle (although no idea how to use it lol)

Dont you just clip through the collar ring and the D ring together - which halves the length.

Maybe, I hadn't thought of that, but it would make the whole thing very clumsy to use.

I just ticked that option when buying just in case I would need it in future etc...

The other thing to remember is get a bungee between the lead and the dog. I got a couple for about 4 quid each. They are only about 25cm long but they stop the dog flying in the air when it comes to the end of the lead !!

I've never used a bungee n not had that problem or needing gloves either

I never knew about the bunjee. Got a standard 100ft lead off eBay and usually just hook it up and let them go. (sadly this means that the lead gets tangled within seconds, after having spent ages untangling it. Very annoying!) might help with the jolting on my arm when they reach the end, bear has been known to pull me a few feet across the field!

The other thing to remember is get a bungee between the lead and the dog. I got a couple for about 4 quid each. They are only about 25cm long but they stop the dog flying in the air when it comes to the end of the lead !!

This is a good idea! The one thing I've found difficult with thse 100ft leads is keeping it "taught" so the dog wouldnt get a jolt when it got to the end of the extension. Plus its a "safety" thing too as I've seen dogs go always when they get to the end even on those retractable things.

I think my guy is just lazy, or i'm extremely fast. When i'm walking him we'll sprint from 1 end of the footpath to the other about 100meters and i'm always infront at the end :D he starts to slow down near the 80 meter mark!

I find I spend most of my time getting the rope out from under his legs, do you guys just leave it and let them run around or?