is it ok to feed my pup scraps, mcdonalds chips, choc icecream

shane5578

No, no and definitely no! Human food has too much fat and salt in it and can give them pancreatitis which is lethal. I would avoid chocolate in ANY form! You should also familiarize yourself with what foods are toxic to dogs before you do some serious damage. If you give your dog ice cream I would give it plain ice cream :)

On top of being too high in salt and the dangers people food pose to your pup as Michelle points out, you will be turning your dog into a beggar. Be prepared to never be able to enjoy a meal and for them to completely protest their food knowing that you eventually give in and feed scraps.

I agree with the others. In addition to being harmful (McDonalds is too much salt for us; imagine a dog!) and fatal if fed too much, it will encourage begging behaviour AND eventually your pup would be bold enough to steal food off of your plate while you're STILL in front of it! (Personal experience, BTW)

I agree with the others. In addition to being harmful (McDonalds is too much salt for us; imagine a dog!) and fatal if fed too much, it will encourage begging behaviour AND eventually your pup would be bold enough to steal food off of your plate while you're STILL in front of it! (Personal experience, BTW)

good advise of everyone ....chocolate ..is POISON to dogs ...

it was april fools when i posted this thread hehe. hope you guys enjoyed the pic haha

i showed this thread to my other half. she stopped giving her scraps but it was only a small amount

anyway, the pup seems to like my other half more than me

:) It is a great pic, and yes, she will like our OH because she gives her tasty treats. My husband also used to think a little now and then can't harm them, but he then found couldn't eat anything without having the huskies sitting practically on his lap drooling :rolleyes:

Great picture and glad it was an April Fool. Unfortunately there are fools out there who think it is perfectly ok to feed their dogs this sort of food so that is why you got the reaction you did. Glad to know you're not one of them.