Going look at this handsome fellow tomorrow...

ICE & SHADOW

Well in my first attempt in trying Husky from a local shelter didn't go so well as he was long time stray, and agressive with other dogs.

This is my second attempt, and will only be going look at him tomorrow (not wanting to give my hopes up... lol).

I will check his overall health and demeanor, hopefully he works out, and at the very least, maybe foster him until he gets a good forever home...

oh yea...picture...

I hope he is as sweet as he looks....

post-6277-13586029209937_thumb.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the shelter. They did great, they did the sniffing thing, tails wagged, and seem to not mind each other. They didn't play, but thats undrstandable with the given location and being scared/nervous.

So now I have to talk to the wife (wish me luck with that lol), and we will make a desicion tomorrow.

Just got back from the shelter. They did great, they did the sniffing thing, tails wagged, and seem to not mind each other. They didn't play, but thats undrstandable with the given location and being scared/nervous.

So now I have to talk to the wife (wish me luck with that lol), and we will make a desicion tomorrow.

Glad they did good! Best of luck and keep us posted :)

A warm bath, a good brushing, some treats...a place in your bed and he will love you forever! Hope it works out. Huskies are always happier when there's more than one !:lovebone::lovebone:

lol, thats what I said, but the first one, besides Ice that we rescued didn't go so well, so my wife is hesitant about it, fearing that they will not get along once we get him here.

He was our first attempt....didn't go as planned....

post-11633-0-91625000-1395744771_thumb.j

Good luck! I hope she says yes...I mean how could she say no to that face! :doglick:

She can't and she knows it lol...she just doesn't like getting attached, and something not working out...which is why fostering is our last option....

post-6277-13586030249729_thumb.jpg

He's lovely - hope it works out well for you - and him!

He has huge feet! Or is he just extra furry?

His is a big boy, and compared to Ice they are bigger, but he is coat and fur are in very bad shape...urine soaked and dirty from being in a pin all day...

I will have an update today.....

lol, thats what I said, but the first one, besides Ice that we rescued didn't go so well, so my wife is hesitant about it, fearing that they will not get along once we get him here.

He was our first attempt....didn't go as planned....

[ATTACH=full]44504[/ATTACH]

She can't and she knows it lol...she just doesn't like getting attached, and something not working out...which is why fostering is our last option....

We chose to foster our "big red" Andy because of a lot of reasons, but it lasted for approximately an hour and we fell in love, especially when he made himself at home in our bed the first night! You can always be the one to decide to adopt when you are fostering if you get attached. It took me a while to feel like our second, Jack was going to be able to stay, and now I couldn't imagine being without any of them. There's always a period of adjustment, some longer than others, and there will always be ruckus because you are upsetting the balance of the pack. It does settle in and eventually things change for the better. Hope it works out and the bath isn't a bad experience.:huskyfall:

A warm bath, a good brushing, some treats...a place in your bed and he will love you forever! Hope it works out. Huskies are always happier when there's more than one !:lovebone::lovebone:

What she said!

Bath pics - before & after please :click: