Going look at this handsome fellow tomorrow...

ICE & SHADOW

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She can't and she knows it lol...she just doesn't like getting attached, and something not working out...which is why fostering is our last option....

I completely understand that... well hopefully everything goes well, I can't wait for the update :P

I'm super excited and it's not even me..I'll just be so happy!

:cheerleader::lolman:

Well in my first attempt in trying Husky from a local shelter didn't go so well as he was long time stray, and agressive with other dogs.

This is my second attempt, and will only be going look at him tomorrow (not wanting to give my hopes up... lol).

I will check his overall health and demeanor, hopefully he works out, and at the very least, maybe foster him until he gets a good forever home...

oh yea...picture...

[ATTACH=full]44090[/ATTACH]

I hope he is as sweet as he looks....[/quot

Well I may be joining the boys in the dog house tonight lol...

With that being said I have adopted him (no name yet).

The breaking point was when I loaded Ice in the truck, the shelter Husky jump in behind him. They both set in the back seat and look at me Like "lets go". After trying and eventually getting shelter out of the truck, I called my wife and told her what had happen.

She said do whatever you want to do, so I did....

here are a few pictures

post-8679-0-72366100-1396318008_thumb.jp

Ice is curious...( on the left lol)

post-8679-0-86468900-1396318501_thumb.jp

post-6277-13586030560977_thumb.jpg

post-6277-13586030572004_thumb.jpg

:congrats:If shelter dog jumped in the truck and Ice let him, then it's probably going to be okay. If the wife said do what you want and didn't really mean it, then it's her problem, not yours. Sorry, I know that sounds judgmental but I was married to someone who said "whatever you want" all the time, and it really meant, I'm not interested in making the decision with you. So I did whatever I wanted thinking he was on board...NOT! I'm in a much better place now and it's a saying that is not often heard here anymore. Shelter dog definitely needs a bath!:cheerleader::grouphug:

That was after the bath lol...his white fur is stained...so a little more time, I will have them white

Open for name suggetions...lol

Okay, so you may think I'm a little nutty...and Austinville and sutsibe might agree....(LOL) but I decided to play an anagram game with Shelter since you keep referring to him as Shelter dog....so, here's my suggestion...what about "Lester"??? It's kind of a dorky name, but lends itself to some nicknames no doubt! And probably rhymes with quite a few words to add nicknames. Okay, that's my suggestion. My feelings will absolutely not be hurt if you think it's too dorky! Jeff just asked me if I would name my dog Lester, and I would, so there ya go! Think of one soon though and then start giving him a treat every time you use it!!!:woohoo::yahoo::woohoo:

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

:congrats:

I hope he adjusts well to his new forever home! My boyfriend and I have our eye on a husky in our local shelter..we are going to go see him on Saturday since they're closed tomorrow for Good Friday.

It's night and day with my first attempted rescue...this guy is laid out on the floor and Ice is laid on teh other side the room staring at him lol...

make sure you study the dogs demeanor when you walk him, pet him ect....I've learn with the few I've had and delt with, they are all different lol

Think of one soon though and then start giving him a treat every time you use it!!!:woohoo::yahoo::woohoo:

haha. I will pass on Lester, but I'm brainstorming now...Trying to think of something along the lines of Dejavu, shadow ect....since they are almost identical...

By the way, as far as his fur color, now that you've bathed him....let it be, and with good nutrition and regular brushing his color will come back. Jack was a mess when he came to us. He stunk to high heaven (it was his collar, actually) and his fur around his mouth was stained very dark, and his coat felt like a wire brush. It took about 6 months of regular brushing (which he still loves because it's all about being touched for him), and a good coat blow, and now in the middle of the night sometimes we can't tell the difference between him and Andy...who is the softest woolly coat you'll ever meet. Just don't do anything nutty like hair bleaching or cutting...it will grow out naturally. Okay, sorry, I'm done now!:thankyou::whistling::redface1:

Okay, so you may think I'm a little nutty...and Austinville and sutsibe might agree....(LOL) but I decided to play an anagram game with Shelter since you keep referring to him as Shelter dog....so, here's my suggestion...what about "Lester"??? It's kind of a dorky name, but lends itself to some nicknames no doubt! And probably rhymes with quite a few words to add nicknames. Okay, that's my suggestion. My feelings will absolutely not be hurt if you think it's too dorky! Jeff just asked me if I would name my dog Lester, and I would, so there ya go! Think of one soon though and then start giving him a treat every time you use it!!!:woohoo::yahoo::woohoo:

okay, I was playing with this too and figured I'd google "Anagram" - - - if you haven't, enter Anagram into google search!!!

And Shelter Dog get:

Elder Ghost

The Lodger

Reds Hot Leg

and a whole slew of others, but I don't see anything that looks like a good name there ...