Hello from Sedalia, MO!

Colonel_Fluff

Hi everyone; just wanted to introduce myself (Kevin) and my dog, Yuri (aka Colonel Fluff, THE FLUFF, Lord Fluffybutt, fluffball, etc...he has many nicknames!) Yuri is a very good dog. I got him from a shelter and he was already chipped and fixed, so he cost me a whole $20, which is the best $20 I've spent in my life so far. He has one blue eye and one brown eye, which was exactly what made me fall in love with him (I had gone to the shelter knowing he was there thanks to petfinder.com and I already wanted a husky; the eyes were just a bonus.) I honestly don't know exactly how old he is; the shelter put him at 6 years old but my vet said he's likely 2 or 3; is there a definite way to tell? Anyway...onward with PICS!!!

post-7341-13586029244296_thumb.jpg

post-7341-13586029268807_thumb.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Kevin and Yuri!!

Welcome to the best HUSKY forum you're ever going to find anywhere!

Since we're 6,200 strong and scattered across 60+ countries around the world, some of the questions and answers are going to depend on where you live. It helps us a lot if you fill out the location item in the profile (which you've already done, Thank you!) and also pin yourself to the member map at http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/memberMap/

Again, ask whatever you want, we have a great group of people here and we'll try to answer just about anything you want to ask.

The Brits have gone to bed, most of them, so we here in the US get to play for a while!!!

Welcome :-) the only way 2 tell an age usually by the vet having a look at a dogs teeth , tho u can never be sure as it's just a guess n if a dogs not been very well looked after it might b young but might have bad teeth so you wouldn't b sure

Hes lovely my boy is bi-eyed 2 :-)

Hi, :welcome: to the forum. Your Yuri is gorgeous and looks happy and content in his new home.

It breaks my heart that so many of these maginificent animals end up in shelters ........... but then someone like you comes along and saves him - he is a lucky boy :) Thank you for rescuing him :D

wow what a massive toy bone he has there LOL welcome to the pack, thumbs up for rescuing :D

one way to make a dog's age estimation is by having the vet to examine their teeth. I don't know about the other methods, but there must be more than that

Welcome.

You'll probably find that Yuri does strange things for a dog.

But. . . .

They are quite normal for a Husky.

Anything you're not sure of give us a shout and we'll do our best to help you out. :)

Hey Kevin! Welcome to both you and Yuri.

. . . . from up north in Iowa, where we'll be holding the 2nd Annual Husky-Owners USA Camp in September. Here's a link: http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/reservations-made-and-more.38210/

thanks for all the replies everyone! i should have mentioned, i've had Yuri for over 2 years now, but i just found this website. if you think the rawhide in his pic is big, you should see the one he has now! i used to get him the small $3 rawhides from wal mart but he just destroyed them almost overnight. he has to actually plan out a strategy on how to destroy these monstrosities, so they last a lot longer lol. he's currently curled up in a little fulffball by my feet. i have some hilarious stories to tell about his shenanigans, maybe i'll post them up...but he's my puppy and since i don't have kids he's pretty much my son and i love him so!

Hi Kevin, We want to first of all thank you for doing a rescue. That is very noble of you. As we always say, everyone loves a puppy, but there are so many dogs who need that Fur-ever home and it looks like Yuri got his wish. You will not find a friendlier bunch of Husky dog loving group. You ask the questions and many of us will give you ALL kind of answers. Enjoy this wonderful Forum.:wave1:

Husky Lovers in Vermont:doglick: