Hello from Sedalia, MO!

Colonel_Fluff

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK so it's time for a funny Yuri story. Over Labor Day weekend in 2010, me and my friend went to a big car show called Greaserama in Kansas City. I wasn;t going to take Yuri (big crowds, 100+ degree weather, little shade) so I brought him to my friend's house for the weekend and his girlfriend's kids would watch him, play with him, etc. Well, I stayed the night at his house and at about 1 AM let Yuri out to pee. Well...I didn't know that somehow the side gate to the backyard was left open, and we all know how huskies have a 6th sense for finding escape paths. So, Yuri got out. Now, he had his collar and tag on which was good, BUT my friend lives out in the country...not quite BFE but close. After searching for him for a good 45 min or so, I (grudgingly) came inside to go to bed. I was hoping either he'd A) get found and I'd get a call or B) he'd come back. Option C) was some farmer would think he's a wolf or something and shoot him, which really scared me. But I just prayed he'd come back because what else can you really do, these dogs RUN when they get out!

Well, my prayers were answered and he came running up to the front door about 15 minutes after I laid down. And of course, I was all hugs (and as I would soon to learn, no kisses yet) when I noticed he was stinky. I mean, not skunk stink but poo stink. Turning on the porch light, I could see my white and grey dog now had brown as well. Well, come to find out, there's a farmer less than 1/4 away with cows and he has a cow pond...so somehow, with the ENTIRE countryside to explore, my dog managed to find (AND swim in) a cow pond full of cow poo. And that's what makes the story funny...up until he came home, it wasn't but the minute he showed up after his swim in the cow turds, me (and my buddy) couldn't stop laughing...we think about it to this day and bust out.

And FYI, we cleaned Yuri up good (about 4 baths and we threw out his collar, got him a new one) and took him to the vet, and he was fine.

OK so it's time for a funny Yuri story. Over Labor Day weekend in 2010, me and my friend went to a big car show called Greaserama in Kansas City. I wasn;t going to take Yuri (big crowds, 100+ degree weather, little shade) so I brought him to my friend's house for the weekend and his girlfriend's kids would watch him, play with him, etc. Well, I stayed the night at his house and at about 1 AM let Yuri out to pee. Well...I didn't know that somehow the side gate to the backyard was left open, and we all know how huskies have a 6th sense for finding escape paths. So, Yuri got out. Now, he had his collar and tag on which was good, BUT my friend lives out in the country...not quite BFE but close. After searching for him for a good 45 min or so, I (grudgingly) came inside to go to bed. I was hoping either he'd A) get found and I'd get a call or B) he'd come back. Option C) was some farmer would think he's a wolf or something and shoot him, which really scared me. But I just prayed he'd come back because what else can you really do, these dogs RUN when they get out!

Well, my prayers were answered and he came running up to the front door about 15 minutes after I laid down. And of course, I was all hugs (and as I would soon to learn, no kisses yet) when I noticed he was stinky. I mean, not skunk stink but poo stink. Turning on the porch light, I could see my white and grey dog now had brown as well. Well, come to find out, there's a farmer less than 1/4 away with cows and he has a cow pond...so somehow, with the ENTIRE countryside to explore, my dog managed to find (AND swim in) a cow pond full of cow poo. And that's what makes the story funny...up until he came home, it wasn't but the minute he showed up after his swim in the cow turds, me (and my buddy) couldn't stop laughing...we think about it to this day and bust out.

And FYI, we cleaned Yuri up good (about 4 baths and we threw out his collar, got him a new one) and took him to the vet, and he was fine.

goodness LOL glad to hear he's safe and sound :D