Eating the wall!!

PoBD

My husband sent me the following picture at work.....MORO ATE THE WALL!!!!!! I dunno what to do with him.....is he just being a brat? could be he malnourished? could he be sick? has anyone else had their dog do this?

We give him raw hides and things to chew but they are gone so fast it doesn't make a difference...he's been chewing the trim too when he has toys, etc....I don't know what to do and I'm open to suggestions.

post-6550-13586029626497_thumb.jpg

Moro is still a pup, well teenager. Ollie ate the middle of the bottom of the shed door the other day and the door was closed and locked and it is a proper solid wooden door. Cover the wall in Tabasco sauce or Vicks vapour rub or something similar as that deters them as they don't like the taste.

You can try the bitter apple stuff, it worked great for Kira, but with Zelda it actually attracted her to chew more. She loves the taste! How much time do you spend training for mental stimulation in a day? Even at 3 months we've noticed that Zelda is a perfect angel on her class days, she gets worn out and just wants to lay on us.

If it makes you feel any better, Bear likes to chew up the matresses on our bed if we're not careful! She also likes anything made of wood such as the garden furniture.

Ice chews up anything if given the chance.

They're both pups and have a strong urge to chew, we give them bones and chew toys but the forbidden is soooo much more tempting!

we spend about an hour a day with the both of them. Moro loves it....any food reward, he's game. I ask him to speak, I ask him where Juno is, he finds her, we play games, I brush him and talk to him, we do more "training" which he considers just fun....I work 8-5 so the major things happen on the weekends...but I try my best.

If it makes you feel any better, Bear likes to chew up the matresses on our bed if we're not careful! She also likes anything made of wood such as the garden furniture.

Ice chews up anything if given the chance.

They're both pups and have a strong urge to chew, we give them bones and chew toys but the forbidden is soooo much more tempting!

Moro chews on wooden things, like the deck, the posts, the trim around the doors, my dresser etc, I give him chewies/raw hides but they are gone in like 5 minutes or less... I'm going to get him an uncooked bone on the way home....a BIG one....Juno too.