I'm convinced Lucas has Zinc deficiency

Lucas

Hi, I'm really worried about him as he is starting to go off his food now. He was booked in for a biopsy, but we decided not to go through with it until we have spoken to the vet (who is on holiday for 2 weeks), as we didn't think she had considered ZRD or was even going to test for it!!! I have ordered some Nutrazinc and bought fresh sardines for him, but still feel really anxious that we are doing the right thing :(

We are going away for a few days tomorrow and he is staying at a doggy boarding house with a couple, and I'm getting very worried about leaving him, even though I know he will be well looked after.

Any advise welcome...... thanks post-11485-0-84795100-1395270775_thumb.j

post-5851-13586029700143_thumb.jpg

post-5851-1358602970385_thumb.jpg

We had this, it cost us around £300 at the vet's for them to try and sell us £15.00 choc zinc tablets, to be told ny one of the staff to Get myself down to tescos and get some immune system Zinc just give him 1 a day till it clears up then 1 everyother day.

we are using nutrazinc on 2 of ours at present, nutrazinc comes with a tiny long handled white spoon inside, you have to dig for it when you get it. Our boy gets 1 level spoon & the girl with allergies gets 6 level spoons ,one of the tinylevel spoons is 10mg dose. Looks like zrd to me on your sibe. xx

One of my sibes suffers with this, she gets a flare up if she eats chicken wings with the bones - I try now to give her chicken thighs & strip the meat off the bone then the other 2 get the bones. I give them all doggy zinc supplememnts daily but they are expensive & the stuff used by other members would do the same job.

Our girl went through biopsies, skin scrapes etc & the results still didn't confirm 100% it was zinc deficiency, the vets don't seem to be aware of the problem with it being a fairly "new" breed unfortunately :(