We've got an announcement :)

HuskyMom09

For those of you who don't know me or follow my kennel on Facebook, We're looking to add a quality girl to our show line! So far we are looking at a female born last week and waiting on a litter on the way. Both are Galena Creek Siberians and we're very excited!

Pretty face girl, very open (lacking markings) and I'd just bet she has blue eyes.

post-2355-0-36008300-1395582859_thumb.jp

Left Side Profile

post-11135-0-30840200-1395587377_thumb.j

Back- She has the coolest shawl!

post-11135-0-49530500-1395587378_thumb.j

Right Side Profile

post-11135-0-57337000-1395587379_thumb.j

Tummy Shot! Look she has a white X! X marks the spot?

post-2303-0-44864000-1395589061_thumb.pn

post-6615-13586030115581_thumb.jpg

post-6615-13586030117759_thumb.jpg

post-6615-13586030119774_thumb.jpg

post-6615-1358603012181_thumb.jpg

post-6615-13586030123882_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all :) We are very excited! I know it may seem a bit on the nutz-o side but we're looking forward to moving our kennel forward :) Right now its a waiting game, we'll be going back in a month (right at this little girl's 6 week mark) to re-evaluate and the breeder promised me weekly pictures. The second litter should be born by then too so we know if we have another girl to compare to.

Id have her tbh. shes gorgeous

If you dont want her can you send her to the uk for me? :D

If gorgeous was all I was after then she'd be the one for sure. If she turns out to be stellar in every way then she will be. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted :D and we'll see if I can sneak her to the UK if not ;)

Sooo cute!!!! Congratulations

She's adorable! I am now looking forward to watching her grow, so be sure to post updated pics of her! :D

Awww what a beautiful baby girl

At this point she is one that we are considering. The second litter is still brewing and I'm hoping to have a comparison soon :) Whichever girl ends up being of the best conformation to compliment my current line will be the one we choose. Although this little girl is quickly becoming a favorite

She's adorable! You do know that most all-breed judges won't like her markings very well, though, don't you? That could be a hard sell in the show ring, unfortunately... :(

:eek: wow really? but it's an acceptable marking isn't it :(

:eek: wow really? but it's an acceptable marking isn't it :(

Oh, yes - all markings are acceptable by the breed standard, as far as the white markings on the colored background (or pure white/pure black or red) go. Most dog show judges who aren't "Siberian people", though, aren't as familiar with the variety of markings in the breed, and would see the markings, forgetting to look beyond color/pattern to the actual dog! They tend to prefer what they're familiar with, and anything that is out of the "normal" for what they usually see for show dogs isn't as likely to win. Agoutis, solid (or mostly solid) colored dogs, piebalds, and dogs with either lots of markings on their faces (dirty faces) or dogs with very open faces are all less commonly seen at dog shows, here in the US, and many all-breed judges don't realize that they are perfectly acceptable!

She's adorable! You do know that most all-breed judges won't like her markings very well, though, don't you? That could be a hard sell in the show ring, unfortunately... :(

Oh yes VERY aware of the judges stigma toward anything not "normal" or just different. Which is why no decision has been made as of yet (beyond not being able to really evaluate a squishy). A good judge will look past the different face if the movement is dead on, but it would be a hard sell that is for sure. I deal with it with Denali, he's longer than what's showing out there now, but I think a lot of whats out there right now is too short coupled. He got passed over for a fluffy little Siberian even though Denali moved out better in the ring.

Oh yes VERY aware of the judges stigma toward anything not "normal" or just different. Which is why no decision has been made as of yet (beyond not being able to really evaluate a squishy). A good judge will look past the different face if the movement is dead on, but it would be a hard sell that is for sure. I deal with it with Denali, he's longer than what's showing out there now, but I think a lot of whats out there right now is too short coupled. He got passed over for a fluffy little Siberian even though Denali moved out better in the ring.

I've run into that all too often... :mad: Fluffy, little and cute tend to be something too many judges like. (The puppy reminds me a lot of my Jazz, btw - love the look, myself!)

I've run into that all too often... :mad: Fluffy, little and cute tend to be something too many judges like. (The puppy reminds me a lot of my Jazz, btw - love the look, myself!)

I do really like her look, but I am hopeful that the litter #2 will produce something that we can compare too. We have a long road ahead of us and won't be making this decision lightly! :D

This is dad of litter #2, not going to lie I am hoping for something like him.

[ATTACH=full]44789[/ATTACH]

:jawdrop: now THAT is a lady killer. It feels weird saying it since I'm a lady myself :rolleyes: but in all honesty that husky is just SOOOO handsome! hopefully one of his pup would be his mirror image ;)

If gorgeous was all I was after then she'd be the one for sure. If she turns out to be stellar in every way then she will be. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted :D and we'll see if I can sneak her to the UK if not ;)

:hehe::woohoo:

At this point she is one that we are considering. The second litter is still brewing and I'm hoping to have a comparison soon :) Whichever girl ends up being of the best conformation to compliment my current line will be the one we choose. Although this little girl is quickly becoming a favorite

I'd just have both ;-) lol

:jawdrop: now THAT is a lady killer. It feels weird saying it since I'm a lady myself :rolleyes: but in all honesty that husky is just SOOOO handsome! hopefully one of his pup would be his mirror image ;)

Tiko is a consistent producer of great color and build. I had the pleasure of meeting him this past weekend and he's not only a stunning dog but he's such a LOVE too! I did like both of the stud dogs (litter 1s dad and litter 2s dad) equally, both exquisite...just slightly different styles.

I wish we could choose more than one but unfortunately only one is what we must choose and the choice has to be in the best interest of my kennel and show potential of the pup. It will be an exciting, yet I think difficult, decision but in 8-10 weeks we should have a for sure candidate.