Elbows and Hocks?

Liamfirst

couldn't figure out what "hocks" are (darn you google translate!) but no, my boy's fur didn't get matted anywhere even the elbows. Don't listen to me tho I might be wrong .__. let's see what the other have to say about this...

Well, normally, you'd try to make him sleep in a dog bed or on a soft surface. Even though you have carpet around your house, depending on the carpet it can be quite rough for the elbows/hocks.

But it's not a life threatening problem - ours gets it as well but we have not been able to coax him to either sleep in a dog bed or even on a rug. All he wants to do is lay on the tiles (maybe it's because they're colder).

Mine get it a little bit I just brush it out...strange as they have between the 2 of them 3 dog beds, 2 couches LOL but still lay on the floor as it is nice and cold..

Soft brush on a daily basis, this will help and it will also get your pup accustom to grooming routines so they don't freak out the first time at the groomers. Daily brushing will also promote healthy coat growth. When/If the tangles get too hard to brush out try the micro-brush.