Tripe

mitch1211

Offal is a problem with my two as well. They DISLIKE it :( I think it is more the texture than the taste. I feed a little every day - but I am not sure what too much will be. Maybe you should ask Sid_Wolf :)

Because it is so important that they eat offal/organs if they are on a 100% raw diet, I have had to disguise it. I have a chest freezer so I pack their meals for a month. I take minced beef, bacon (because it disguises the taste), liver, kidneys and tripe (all the offal cut into small blocks), mix it all together and give them approximately 2 tablespoons every day. It is the only way they will eat it. The amounts they receive is probably not 100% accurate, but if they are eating it this way, I am happy.

Offal is a problem with my two as well. They DISLIKE it :( I think it is more the texture than the taste. I feed a little every day - but I am not sure what too much will be. Maybe you should ask Sid_Wolf :)

Because it is so important that they eat offal if they are on a 100% raw diet, I have had to disguise it. I have a chest freezer so I pack their meals for a month. I take minced beef, bacon (because it disguises the taste), liver, kidneys and tripe (all the offal cut into small blocks), mix it all together and give them approximately 2 tablespoons every day. It is the only way they will eat it. The amounts they receive is probably not 100% accurate, but if they are eating it this way, I am happy.

hi ive tried cutting it up and hiding it in his food but he doesn't eat at all if i do that. think i might try cooking it would he still get the same goodness out of it if cooked?

I really am not sure - I avoid cooking anything they eat.

Tripe is considered by many raw feeders as a muscle meat and not an organ. But I have read it is fine to feed every day as it is hugely nutritious especially 'green tripe'.

I am not sure if this is allowed (mods please delete if not allowed)

There are some forums dedicated to raw feeding - a really helpful one is http://dogfoodchat.com/forum/ maybe they can help with suggestions for feeding organs.

Green tripe isn't offal. It's considered a meat. You will need to find a way to feed organs. If you have a dog who doesn't like organ meats I find hiding it within the green tripe usually gets the job done as they go nuts for it.

havent tried hiding it in the tripe yet ill try that tomorrow. im getting cow heart on tuesday is that offal? and do u think mincing the offal up would help?

havent tried hiding it in the tripe yet ill try that tomorrow. im getting cow heart on tuesday is that offal? and do u think mincing the offal up would help?

No, heart is also muscle meat, not organ. I tried mincing liver and kidneys, but because of the 'texture', mincing it turns it into a bloody mess - more liquid than anything else :(

Edit: Have you tried feeding it frozen?

My 2 both love Liver and kidney, guess am lucky, they will happily eat it on its own (without freezing or disguising) if i give them a bit as im preparing their weeks meals, and always eat everything in their bowls at meal times