Dirty Dog

Wynterbourne

Well we have brought Orion to the dog park for the first time yesterday and he had such great fun! We had a great time watching him frolick with the other dogs. However, after the dust has settled {literally}, our baby is coated {powdered?} in red dust. We would like to have him play there more often but I don't think it would be advisable to wash him every single time. Is there any other way of cleaning him up other than bathing him? Would a high velocity dryer do the trick? Thank you for any reply!

I would definitely not recommend washing him every single time. Huskies seem to generally have the type of coat that has the capacity to self clean itself. Mine can be absolutely covered in mud and within an hour of getting home they are clean. The car and their room on the other hand is a different matter. I wish they were self cleaning!

Buy a high velocity blower! I bought one mainly for coat blowing but I use it regularly now. You ll be surprised at how much dust comes out when blowin them out. And plus you can use it to blow their coats out. But be aware that theres usually a white blizzard in the yard whenever you use it lol

Thank you for the replies. I never would've thought to leave him to clean himself up. Hmmm... must experiment on this one. I still would need to brush the excess off. But yay on self-cleaning mode! I do wish my car, my house and my kids have the same function. :(

@BAGRI: Do you still furminate after the blower? Or is it able to do the job? That's also why we were considering just getting one. And regarding the "white blizard," I'm fairly sure my daughters would love to play in it and make "fur angels." :)

Thank you for the replies. I never would've thought to leave him to clean himself up. Hmmm... must experiment on this one. I still would need to brush the excess off. But yay on self-cleaning mode! I do wish my car, my house and my kids have the same function. :(

@BAGRI: Do you still furminate after the blower? Or is it able to do the job? That's also why we were considering just getting one. And regarding the "white blizard," I'm fairly sure my daughters would love to play in it and make "fur angels." :)

I know that powerful ones you don't need to brush after. But I have a less powerful one. A 2 hp Metro one. They get really expensive that's why opted for a cheaper one. But it does get the job done. It just takes a bit longer.