Is Storm a husky????

Chip

Not quite sure where to post this, hopefully this is right.

When I was looking for a new companion after the passing of my ferret, I stumbled across an advert saying, "Alaskan Malamute Female for sale, 14 months old", so i rang the number the same day and arranged to see Storm, upon arriving at the house the front door opened and out walked this small, sleek and eager dog, she was definitely no malamute.

So I'm just wondering what people here think, is she some kind of cross perhaps, or maybe all husky or something else altogether?

post-95-0-57925200-1396607723_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pics look husky to me xx

Thanks, I've never actually seen another female husky that has her build, she weigh 262 lbs or 18.10 kg, she's only gained that weight in the last month and normally stuck around 16.5kg

She looks identical to our lady Bella. A Sibe / Alaskan cross. Not sure the age is right tho, ours is 5 months old, had a sister just like your girl. All is the same including weight and we regretted not getting both blondes of the pack. They are very clever, beautiful, snuggly and caring. Congratulations she is a gorgeous husky! :-) If you are near the Wirral and fancy walking both on the beach drop us a line. :-)

Thanks, I've never actually seen another female husky that has her build, she weigh 262 lbs or 18.10 kg, she's only gained that weight in the last month and normally stuck around 16.5kg

My girl has a very similar build/ shape to yours! It took us a while to get some weight on her - but she is now 22.5kg at 3 1/2 yrs!

Awe, it does help knowing though. Husky are so different to other pooches. Understanding them is a huge help in training and home life. So now you know, she'll surprise you with her beauty ad wit even more. :)

Kinda does I guess, she's been with me for about 18 months now and she is the most beautiful, patient, witty and clever dog I've ever known, but then again I would say that................

possibl some type of shepherd I want to say australian shepherd for some reason lol but Im not toally sure :P

Thanks, A shepherd was what I asked the vets the day after I brought her home, but they thought her body length was too short, maybe there's something else in there after all

My eyeballs shot out of my head when you said 262 pounds! That's more like 119 kgs. Lol

I was about to question where you find the Godzilla of Huskies!

She's a lovely girl, whatever she may be mixed with.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk.

My eyeballs shot out of my head when you said 262 pounds! That's more like 124 kgs. Lol

I was about to question where you find the Godzilla of Huskies!

She's a lovely girl, whatever she may be mixed with.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk.

:duh::facepalm: I was converting the kg's as if they were stone,

14lbs = 1st not 14lb = 1kg

why didn't anyone pick me up on this before lol, now i feel stupid

I never really noticed that before, can a mal x husky not recieve the gene for the blue eyes then?

I would say so as they have a 50/50 chance of turning out like either or both

We have a gsdxrot and has the look of both dogs with the nastiness of a rot with the loving nature of a gsd