Is Storm a husky????

Chip

So there's still a slim possibility she could've been crossed with a mal, would she not be bigger if this were true?

Love the sound of your rot x gsd btw GHOST R1D3R, sounds like the perfect guard dog

Edit: Just found your pic of Cassie, she is a beaut

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So there's still a slim possibility she could've been crossed with a mal, would she not be bigger if this were true?

Love the sound of your rot x gsd btw GHOST R1D3R, sounds like the perfect guard dog

Bark is worse than her bite. Mail man came into our garden and she ran up to him teeth out and ready to pounce then 2 seconds later she went in the house till he was going so she could bark some more. biggest,scariest softie ever Will miss her when we leave in 2 weeks

Bark is worse than her bite. Mail man came into our garden and she ran up to him teeth out and ready to pounce then 2 seconds later she went in the house till he was going so she could bark some more. biggest,scariest softie ever Will miss her when we leave in 2 weeks

That must be hard, I couldn't imagine having to leave one of my dogs behind even for a day, but hey, lots of fun to look forward to with Freyja, congratulations by the way.

:congrats:

id say she was crossed with a smooth hair type dog. Definately no Malamute. Her bone structure is too thin and Mals ears are set farther apart. Plus they cant have Blue eyes... thats a disqualification for Mals! Maybe shes an Alaskan Husky. I have heard that an alaskan husky is any dog that is mixed with husky. So husky/shepherd, husky/malamute/, husky/anything are all alaskan huskies.. Whoever thought she was a mal is just ignorant. lol :duh: if I had to guess what shes mixed with... hmm.. maybe a greyhound or smooth collie, or a similar smooth coat dog. whatever she is shes cute hehe:shrug:

I'd say husky definitely, maybe mix of alaskan, or she could be seppala as well or have it in her somewhere (the ears and body type are similar). Either way, she's gorgeous.

Mal's normally have brown eyes; but they CAN have blue . Usually if they do have blue then there's usually a husky mix in there somewhere.

That must be hard, I couldn't imagine having to leave one of my dogs behind even for a day, but hey, lots of fun to look forward to with Freyja, congratulations by the way.

:congrats:

She ain't our dog other wise she would be coming. Long story but she belongs to our mother in law and as we are leaving she stays as they won't let me take her

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I didn't expect to get such a response:up:.

I'm finding these answers fascinating, when I first got her I asked around a bit to see what people thought and always came back with 'Husky', I'd never really considered her coming from racing lines or perhaps being an Alaskan husky, any more opinions are welcome but I'll always love her as my Stormy no matter what she may be:D

Sent from the Running Wild Pack

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I didn't expect to get such a response:up:.

I'm finding these answers fascinating, when I first got her I asked around a bit to see what people thought and always came back with 'Husky', I'd never really considered her coming from racing lines or perhaps being an Alaskan husky, any more opinions are welcome but I'll always love her as my Stormy no matter what she may be:D

Sent from the Running Wild Pack

I'd trust what gigi says she's very knowledgeable :-)

I agree with most the others and think she's a pure husky. My first thought was what Gigi said and that she is perhaps from racing lines. She reminds me of my boy Kuma when we first got him but Kuma's fur has grown out a bit since then.

I would say she's likely a purebred Siberian, perhaps of racing lines - the long, slender legs and shorter coat are both typical of the sprint racing Sibes...

Thank you, that wouldn't have even occurred to me, at least now when people say she's "so" thin or "small", I can now say I think she's of racing lines which would explain her love of running, I know all huskies love to run but to her, it's what she lives for, Thank you :D

Thank you, that wouldn't have even occurred to me, at least now when people say she's "so" thin or "small", I can now say I think she's of racing lines which would explain her love of running, I know all huskies love to run but to her, it's what she lives for, Thank you :D

Not all huskies lol , skyla isn't keen on running lol

LOOL why the surprised face? Diamond is a living blanket, he literally lays flat all day long! I used to think something is wrong with him but no he's just one broken husky LOL

Lmao, A "broken" Husky, I was of the mind every husky had the same urge to run like Storm does, like I said before, running is her life and since the bike has been out of action the past couple of days she doesn't understand why I haven't took her out for a run, every move I make she jumps up hoping she's going out