When to use a cone, and when not to?

Chip

One more question before I go to sleep.

Storm has an injury which she is not allowed to lick, I've caught her licking it a few times but doesn't always respond to me when I tell her to leave it.

Now this may sound like a silly question but, I'm just off to sleep and she's had the cone on for about 10 minutes now, is she ok to sleep with it on unsupervised or should I remove it, knowing that she'll likely lick the wound while I'm asleep?

post-3916-0-18895000-1397377190_thumb.jp

Maya was spayed last Tuesday and was issued with the lamp shade round her neck. Initially when she was still drowsy it worked well, but then as she got more alert and realised she could reach the stitches with her back feet I had to find another way to protect the area.

I knocked up this lovely outfit from some of my son's old clothes. It has worked really well and means I can leave the lamp shade off.

post-5981-13586031450771_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=full]45260[/ATTACH]

Maya was spayed last Tuesday and was issued with the lamp shade round her neck. Initially when she was still drowsy it worked well, but then as she got more alert and realised she could reach the stitches with her back feet I had to find another way to protect the area.

I knocked up this lovely outfit from some of my son's old clothes. It has worked really well and means I can leave the lamp shade off.

Great idea, but because of where the wound is (inner thigh) I don't think that it's a possibility for storm, thanks though;)

The Running Wild Pack