Siberian Huksies are "High Risk" ???

Sakutama

I think it mainly has to do with the fact that huskies, according to most ignorant people, look like wolves or wolf-hybrids. And, with that, comes the old mentality that wolves = bad evil creatures. So, therefore, because huskies 'look' like wolves then THEY must be bad-evil-creatures too!

It doesn't help that they have high prey drives, which people associate to be 'wolf-like' and the stories of babies being 'mauled' by huskies in the media these days probably adds to the association that huskies are BAD!

I just came back from a family dinner; one of my cousins has a 1 year old kid, and we were forced to leave Suka in the front hallway chained up. The kid was in his freaking high-chair, so what was Suka going to do...jump up and bite the kid's head off!? I understand the concern, but the mother was literally right beside the kid and could easily stop an 'attack' with an arm or a leg or something. It really annoyed me, and because Suka's got separation anxiety, he was yelping and crying throughout the entire meal. I left early, because I couldn't stand the attitude anymore.

Heck, I know he has a high patience level - there were these teenage boys at the dog park this morning when I went. They didn't have any dogs, they just went there to well...pester the dogs there! They homed in on Suka for about 15 minutes, and he just kept on ignoring them while they were trying to annoy him. He didn't show any aggression what-s0-ever, but I left quickly because the kids were starting to annoy ME!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images