slimy cheating scumbags!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

voted on my PC and my phone

Just voted from my phone also - 3G gives you a different IP address from my home network lol!

Anyone who is out & about can vote from each wifi hotspot they find - different IP each time :hehe:

[EDIT] 'only' 170 behind now...

unbelievable

someones complained on sibespace about me "spamming" for a stupid competition.

:angry:

excuse me?

thats me deactivating my account then

I feel retarded for asking, but what's sibespace? O_O one of Facebook's offsprings?

Some ISPs have a very short IP leash time (meaning how frequently you change from IP). Sometimes it's a month but for some it's no more than a day before you get a new one. In most cases you can speed up that process by resetting your modem which basically gives you an unlimited amount of IPs. However, this is not fast and as it usually takes about one to two minutes to reconnect. So this technique is probably not used as you say it got 100 extra vote in one minute.

Don't forget it can also be the website itself. Either they don't process all votes in real time and only updates once, lets say, 60 minutes OR the site itself is fishy and tries to create an artificial competition by keeping the votes as close together as possible. That is not unlikely because with every vote they will most likely receive money from the ads and sponsors.

a friend forwarded me this:

Hi

Thank you for your email regarding questionable voting for our Give Your Dog A Bone competition.

There are unfortunately, some ways in which multiple votes can be cast by the same person which obviously contravenes the Competition’s Terms and Conditions. We have systems in place to make sure that any votes cast from the same computer are deleted. This process is called “De-duping†and is undertaken periodically and ensures that the voting system is fair. You will see the particular entry you have noticed will have its votes reduced accordingly (along with any other similar instances of entries receiving unfair votes) once my digital agency have done what they have needed to.

Thank you for bringing this to your attention and I hope this message has addressed your concerns.

Best regards,

Dan White

Group Product Manager

Animal Health Division