VERY LARGE ALASKAN HUSKY/MAL ?

EllyDee

I'm taking care of a sick family members dog.. he is MASSIVE.. They had adopted him a while ago and had a turn for the worse with their health :( So I told her I would take care of him. Not even she or the shelter were too sure of what he was. I'm gonna upload some photos and maybe you guys could help me determine his mix? He weights about 95 pounds and he has the biggest head I have ever seen in my life :P His coat is even shorter than Na'vi's and she is a pure Siberian Husky..Is he just a very big Sibe? Any input would be great because I'm stumped!

post-9324-1396781891828_thumb.jpg

post-7035-13586030954264_thumb.jpg

post-7035-13586030960614_thumb.jpg

post-7035-13586030967565_thumb.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's what I was thinking.. He is like HUGE.. the photo doesn't even do him justice. His head looks like that of a King German Shepherd. Can Mal's have such a short coat? We have a Husky/Mal in the neighbourhood and he isn't as big as this guy. Walking him is so unbelievably hard my boyfriend even struggles. He's so strong, does anybody have any recommendations on a better/easier/less exhausting way to walk him?

43 kilos WHAT??? :eek: my neighbor's 3-years-old Rottweiler is not even as heavy as him! There MUST be a Mally in there no doubt >_< and about the short coat... You sure it's naturally short? Maybe someone trimmed his fur. Btw what's his name :P

I could be wrong here but since he has pure blue eyes, doesn't that make him a husky? Malamutes can't have blue eyes, and this is just extrapolation but in humans brown is dominant over blue eye color. So I'd guess just a giant husky, since there is a giant malamute sub-species(not sure what to call it) and those guys are about 190 pounds.

I could be wrong here but since he has pure blue eyes, doesn't that make him a husky? Malamutes can't have blue eyes, and this is just extrapolation but in humans brown is dominant over blue eye color. So I'd guess just a giant husky, since there is a giant malamute sub-species(not sure what to call it) and those guys are about 190 pounds.

a husky-mal mix can have a pair of blue eyes and still inherit the mal's massive body size :) this boy is a mix ;)

Oh and btw it is a myth that Mals can't have blue eyes.. :) They can ;) but a blue-eyed mal won't be able to enter the show ring since it is considered as a fault :)

i personally think he's husky/shepherd mix. Body proportions are very similar to Hammer, as does his head and facial expression. I always find purebred sibe's have a much more "excited happy" expression whereas Hammer, when relaxed, has his ears back like that and a more chilled out facial expression. In the close up of his face I really saw a lot of similarities to my shep/sibe mix...

Question for all of you guys, he keeps on "digging" on my rug in my living room and then lays down.. is he used to sleeping outside as this is him trying to make his bed?

Diamond does that all the time. My cousin said that it's just how (some) dogs make their "bed" comfortable :)