Holiday with dogs, where,how?

Arthur

Hi.

We start thinking about the holiday this year.

We are looking for camping where we can park : van plus tent.

I heard many good things about the New Forest and we want to go there:). There are many online offerings, but maybe here is someone who was there on holiday?

We need any advice:),recomended part of forest,camp,etc. Or maybe this is not good idea(friston forest)? :confused: The second place where we want to go is Wales (possible) Because I live in East Sussex we have to look at the distance (dogs do not like long trips):) Pls any advice :)

I haven't been there, because I live across the ocean, but camping with your pooch (or renting a cottage, anyways) is really fun and is a great experience! You won't regret it - give me a tent with Suka anyday than a beach in Hawaii!

My parents used to live in Lymington and my mother now lives on the edge of the forest close to Beaulieu. I would recommend not camping in the Forest itself as many of the sites have the forest ponies wandering around 24/7. There are camp sites on the edge of the forest or across the forest border in Dorset. On the edge of the forest on the outskirts of Fordingbridge is Sandy Balls Holiday Park which is dog friendly and allows up to 2 dogs in certain areas. The forest area is so diverse it really depends on what you are looking for from your holiday. Do you want just country walks, able to visit places of interest, go to the beach, do you need to accommodate children's activities etc

The is a lovely site in the new forest called, wait for it, sandy balls lol. It is great if you have kids, dogs etc they are on the internet too. As for Wales which is where I live, it depends what your looking for. But anything on one of the costal paths you can't fail.

There is a camp near me called The Gate Inn. It is right on the National Cycle Network path which is huge. If you fancied a looong walk, it goes past Pembrey country park. There is all the forest you need there. But the walk is approx 10 miles!!! There is also a camp site just outside Pembrey but it run by the caravan club and I am unsure if they accept tents.