Shila and Orion - stand

Laine

These were taken at my parents place. I was trying to get a good stance picture of both the dogs so I could work on looking at a dog's conformation.

ristand.jpg

shistand.jpg

As you can tell, Shila is so much smaller at Ri it's almost funny, almost not.

Gorgeous :) perfect body weight - what, and how much do you feed them Laine?

I originally fed them "Go!" grain free/all stages dog kibble but switched to Taste of the Wild because there's more of it. I also feed them raw every two or three days, usually just chicken or pork riblets with the odd beef thrown in. I see it as a treat, plus gives them a little extra something special and with Orion just trying to get a little more weight on him. He'll be 8 months this month and I noticed a few nights ago he had the hiccups, so maybe a growth spurt coming? Who knows.

When I feed their kibble, I actually feed Shila only a cup and Orion about two and a half; sometimes they won't even eat all of that, sometimes they'll clean the bowls. Really depends on what we've done that day. Shi actually has more weight on her now than when I first got her. They're both such dainty eaters, Shi more than Orion, but they both take their time and chew their kibble when they eat instead of inhaling it.

They are looking great :) I wish we could get good quality kibble in SA - we only have rubbish here :(

I think your point of inhaling their food actually makes a huge difference. Ozzy's weight is stable and he's a v.e.r.r.y slow eater but Micah eats incredibly fast is starting to put on weight (too much) - I must think of a way to slow her down, but they are on raw so it is difficult.

They are looking great :) I wish we could get good quality kibble in SA - we only have rubbish here :(

I think your point of inhaling their food actually makes a huge difference. Ozzy's weight is stable and he's a v.e.r.r.y slow eater but Micah eats incredibly fast is starting to put on weight (too much) - I must think of a way to slow her down, but they are on raw so it is difficult.

As much as there's good food, it's seriously expensive, so much so I'm debating the switch to raw even more because it might actually be cheaper in the end. But I'm still on the fence about it.

Orion used to inhale his food when he was younger, so I hand fed him for a while. It forced him to slow down and chew his food for which I'm thankful for. I actually hate when dogs inhale their food too quickly. Then again, right now it's a pain that my two take too long. :lolman:

I agree, even the rubbish 'good' food here is expensive because it is all imported. The distributors say to import TOTW to SA will be so expensive, very few people would be willing/able to afford it, so feeding raw is cheaper. Ozzy is allergic to preservatives, so feeding kibble would be out of the question for us anyway, but my family feed kibble so a better alternative would be great.

Micah eats so fast that she snoozes while Ozzy finishes his food, she won't leave him once she has finished because she has to lick his bowl clean first :rolleyes: