eating dogs in liverpool?

loops

today i went back to work and the lad i work with told me about his mum and her mates who went for a chinese meal a couple of weeks ago. His mums mate either broke a tooth or got something caught in it which she could not floss out. on going to dentist they discovered a canine micro chip, she is apparently sueing and the place is still open :confused:. he is not generally a wind up merchant but i am hoping that it is a load of bs lol

:wtf: sorry but that is just to crazy for any other words....just hope it is not true but just a goat or something like that, that for some reason or another was chipped...

Quick Google search and i'm off for a chinese :) ahh Beef curry

http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/news/local/more-local-news/on-the-brink-of-ruin-1-3438639#

Published on Monday 6 June 2011 08:15

A CHINESE restaurant boss says his business is on the brink of bankruptcy after a vicious rumour claiming a dog’s microchip had been found wedged in a customer’s teeth swept the Five Towns.

Wai Wing Lee, manager of Eastern Court Cantonese Restaurant in Glass Houghton, claims hundreds of diners have been driven away by false reports that a dentist recovered a chip from between a diner’s teeth when he complained of toothache after eating at the Oriental buffet.

Mr Lee revealed the business had made a loss for the last three weeks and had lost two-thirds of its trade – as the rumours continue to spread across the district and on social networking websites Facebook and Twitter.

Wakefield Council confirmed it had received no complaints about the Colorado Way restaurant and said there was no evidence to support the “malicious rumoursâ€Â.

Mr Lee, whose parents own the family business, said: “When I first heard it I thought it was so ridiculous that no-one would believe it, but it’s driving away customers and if things carry on like this we will go bankrupt.â€Â

The worried manager told how customers began calling the restaurant – which serves around 4,000 diners a week – around a month ago to ask if the rumours were true.

He said: “Customers started calling to ask if we were closed and told us the details about what they had heard.

“It just couldn’t believe it – it’s total nonsense and I thought anyone who heard it would think the same. But since then we’ve been a lot quieter and I’ve heard from people from as far away as Barnsley and Doncaster who’ve heard the rumour.

“Everyone’s talking about it – I’ve not spoken to a single person who hasn’t heard it.

“It’s destroying our business. We’ve had to get money from elsewhere just to keep our business afloat. It’s not just the credit crunch or the fact that people aren’t going out to eat because our competitors don’t seem to be struggling.

“It’s just beyond belief.â€Â

Mr Lee has contacted the council’s environmental health department, who have written to him confirming there has been no investigation into any food hygiene complaints at the restaurant.

He said: “They said they’d received inquiries about it from residents as well as the police. They said they’d never heard of anything like it.

“I have no idea how this rumour started – it’s not because we’ve been closed. We’ve been open for seven years and the only day we’ve been shut is Christmas Day.

“We’ve worked so hard to make the business a success and this is ruining it. We hope that when customers find out this isn’t true they’ll come back to us.â€Â

A council spokesman confirmed there were no current investigations in relation to food hygiene matters at the restaurant.

He said: “We have had no complaints related to the restaurant and have no evidence to support what appear to be malicious rumours.

“The premises has a three-star rating under the Scores on the Doors scheme and continues to be subject to the standard routine food hygiene inspections required by the Food Standards Agency.â€Â

at the risk of getting my head bitten off but here goes......this rumour been doing the rounds for a long while and as these rumours tend to be targeted at Asian restaurants, is this not a form of racial discrimination?

interesting programme on BBC radio re dog chip rumour which is ruining restaurants across UK.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00l4hrd

recent articles ....

Oct 11 Doncaster ~ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/8824481/Chinese-restaurant-bankruptcy-fear-after-false-dog-meat-rumour.html

June 11 Wakefield ~ http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/yorkshire-restaurant-owners-fears-over-dog-chip-rumours-1-3453105

interestingly according to Stopes it says (Fluffy the cat and Fido the dog?) :-

quote >>>The rumor about Fluffy's or Fido's being slipped into Chinese food by unscrupulous restaurateurs has been traced by British researchers to the earliest years of the British Empire in England and to the 1850s in the United States <<<unquote

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/chinese.asp

as Jeremy Vine says at the end of the BBC clip....quote >>>if you hear this from someone, you need to say "wait a minute do you realise what you just said could destroy that business " <<<unquote

as Jeremy Vine says at the end of the BBC clip....quote >>>if you hear this from someone, you need to say "wait a minute do you realise what you just said could destroy that business " <<<unquote

hence i never named it. Not sure what to make of it really, i assumed at first it was an urban legend but because it was his mother who was allegedly there that night rather than a friend of a friend of a friend. I cant imagine him talking bs and cant see why he would want to, unless his mum is talking crap lol. i will dig to find out how the court case is going

I know Linda and sorry didnt mean to sound like was having a dig at all, as really wasnt, but knew it would probably look like I was lol its easier for me to just spit it out then duck when the crap hits the fan or get a jcb to extract the foot from my mouth lol yeh would make a change to have a story corroborated with real evidence, go go go inspector loops lol

I know Linda and sorry didnt mean to sound like was having a dig at all, as really wasnt, but knew it would probably look like I was lol its easier for me to just spit it out then duck when the crap hits the fan or get a jcb to extract the foot from my mouth lol yeh would make a change to have a story corroborated with real evidence, go go go inspector loops lol

no offence taken. i couldnt quite believe what he was saying either. i agree with the post that it is a nasty and very damaging rumour. just like everyone knows someone who bit into a kfc and got a mouse lol