which collar/harness for a puppy?

jessiezara90

I would go for something cheap and cheerful for a young puppy - they grow out of them SO fast, there's no point in worrying too much about it! I stuck with simple, cheap Pets at Home collars/leads/harnesses until Kiska was about 6 months old.

been looking at getting a harness for my kelpie and probably one for my husky Meeko when he s old enough and i cant decide between a julius k9 or a WYDWL any one got ny suggestions or advice???

The julius K9 looks really comfy for the dog but doesnt lead from the front, but the WYDWL looks like its good for puller but not as comfy!!.......

if you want a comfy front leading one I highly recommend one from Xtradog

I got one of these last weekend (i'm going to be working with xtradog) and it's lovely, padded all over, doesnt twist and has a front ring, you do need to use it with a double ended lead but if you use them properly they do work to stop pulling :)

if you want a comfy front leading one I highly recommend one from Xtradog

I got one of these last weekend (i'm going to be working with xtradog) and it's lovely, padded all over, doesnt twist and has a front ring, you do need to use it with a double ended lead but if you use them properly they do work to stop pulling :)

I had one ov those and it didn't fit blaze well at all despite me gettin his size and it didn't help :-(

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Like others have stated, young puppies grow out of them very quickly and they tend to chew and destroy with those little razor teeth they have, so buying the cheap house pet collars as they call them will do, but if you want to have a very attractive, durable and safe collar or puppy lead, we recommend Lupine, they are made in New Hampshire USA product, and are 100% guaranteed for life no matter if they break, or get chewed.

Husky Lovers in Vermont:doglick:post-4-13995462182845_thumb.jpg

post-6713-13586033715888_thumb.jpg

Im picking my puppy up in 5weeks!! I was wondering what kind of collar or harness should i use for him as he will only be 8/9 weeks when we get him? sorry if seems a bit of a dumb questions but there are so many different types!!:)

Jess x

Well a would get a puppy harness, or a puppy collar. I would go to leerbur if I was you, they have VERY good collars and leads harnesses. Here's the link for you.

http://leerburg.com/

Like Attila said, just go cheap as if they don't chew it to death they'll grow out of it quickly.

We got Ryder a plain leather collar, we were going to get him a fabric one but it was made out of a similar material to his favourite toy at the time and we didn't want him to think it was for playing. It was only £2.49 from Jollyes, he's been wearing it since 8 weeks with no problems. Then we just have a standard fabric harness for him, and a retractable lead. All ready for walkies from next Monday!