1 cup boiling water

1 cup cornmeal

1 tb. Sugar

1 to 2 tsp. chicken or beef flavored instant bouillon

cup milk

4 oz. (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese

1 egg, beaten

2 to 3 cups all-purpose OR whole wheat flour

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. In large bowl, combine rolled oats, margarine and boiling water; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in cornmeal, sugar, bouillon, milk, cheese and egg; mix well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition to form stiff dough.

On floured surface, knead in remaining flour until dough is smooth and no longer sticky, 3 t 4 minutes. Roll or pat out dough to inch thickness, cut with bone shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Store loosely covered. Makes 3 dozen large dog biscuits or 8 dozen small dog biscuits.

Peanut butter and pumpkin dog treats

post-11629-0-29932600-1398307978_thumb.j

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour

2 eggs

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

2 tablespoons peanut butter

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1)Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2)Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add 3)Water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. 4)Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.

5)Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.

...and let your furbabies enjoy

:)

By Rebecca Kirkatrick (beccs)

post-7325-13586032353944_thumb.jpg

my aunt is very good at cooking.. Might "steal" some of her recipe and post it here :P so do you have a specific theme? Like, for example, desserts only?

I can organize it into desserts and main courses if that's what people would like. That's an easy...but no, no overall theme for foods.

Here's a good one - A pear salad!

Spinach Salad with Pears, Pecans, and Goat Cheese

• 10 Minutes

• 4 Servings

• 311 Calories

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup pecans (or pine nuts)

• 2 tablespoons of olive oil

• 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar

• 1 tablespoon of honey

• 1/2 teaspoon of salt

• 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper

• 3 tablespoons of chopped red onion

• 2 large red or green pairs (quartered, cored, and cut into thin slices.)

• 2 tablespoons of golden raisins

• 1 bag (6 ounces) of prewashed baby spinach

• 3 ounces of reduced-fat goat cheese (crumbled)

Steps:

1. Toast the pecans in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Tip onto a plate and let it cool.

2. Whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a salad bowl. Stir in the onion, then the pears and raisins. Add the spinach and toss to coat.

3. Divide the salad among 4 plates, and top each with the reserved pecans and goat cheese before serving.

TIRAMISU

This is a quick, easy and delicious Tiramisu recipe that I have adapted over the years. It is a fantastic dessert that always impresses. You can also add layers of your favorite fruit, but is fabulous as is. Serves 6-8 people

What you need

1 cup strong black coffee (1 tablespoon Jacobs or Nescafe)

Cape Velvet Cream (optional)

1/2 cup caster sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla essence

250g mascarpone cheese

1/2 cup fresh cream

2 x 125g boxes boudiour biscuits or Savoiardi biscuits (finger biscuits)

Finely grated dark chocolate for topping

The process

Make the coffee and allow it to cool. (you only need to use warm water to dissolve the coffee) and add a tot or two of Cape Velvet Cream – optional

Whip the cream and the caster sugar together until fairly stiff, then add the vanilla and mascarpone cheese and fold with a metal spoon until the mascarpone is evenly distributed.

You don’t want to beat it, just give it a gently fold. At this stage you would also add about 75ml or 2 to 3 tots of Cape Velvet Cream if you are using alcohol.

Transfer the coffee to a shallow bowl. Use a 20cm x 20cm or similar baking dish and line the bottom with boudior biscuits dipped into the coffee/coffee mixture.

Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the biscuits

Sprinkle some grated chocolate over the mixture

Repeat to create another layer. Smooth the top nicely and then pop into the fridge for about an hour (or longer) to chill.

Before serving, finely grate another layer of chocolate over the top.

Simple and delicious.

I usually make it the evening before and double the receipe - everyone always wants seconds.

Calvin loves this one and so did every other dog I have tried them on lol....and they aren't bad tasting for humans either....

Fruity Pupcubes

• 1 container plain yogurt (8 ounces)

• 1 cup strawberries, hulled

• 1 banana, peeled and chopped

• 1 tablespoon honey

• water

Using a blender, puree all the ingredients; add enough water to make the mixture pourable.

Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid, 4-5 hours.

Let your pup enjoy a cube or two at a time, depending on his or her size.

this is one food that taught us not to judge the book by its cover :P My favorite snack :D it's very simple and short, in fact it was meant to be the first "recipe" that a little kid knows. Hope it's OK

Chocolate Avocado Porridge (people's food)

--> Chocolate powder

--> Avocado

--> Bowl

--> Spoon

Chop up the avocado into smaller bits, the size and shape doesn't matter. Put the avocados into a bowl and pour about 2 tablespoons of chocolate powder on top of the avocados. Amount of choco powder depends on personal preference and amount of avocados used. Then, using a spoon, chop the avocados in your bowl into even smaller bits. Stop chopping when the choco powder turned into a sweet, darker-colored chocolate paste. Make sure every powder in the bowl turned into a paste before eating. Enjoy ;)

This was a highlight for me of our last yearbook, so I'm including it again. For the ease of editing if you could put at the top whether its for people or furbabies it would be appreciated

I got all fired up when I saw this thread yesterday and got busy baking a cake.

Here it is:

post-7782-0-08393800-1398489302_thumb.jp

Cappuccino Cake. Lol! This tastes better than anything I have tasted in Cafe Nero!

I nicked the recipe from the internet, but here goes:

Cappuccino cake

• 250.0g pack butter , softened (8.8 oz)

• 250.0g light soft brown sugar plus 2-3 tbsp

• 300.0g self-raising flour (10.5 oz)

• 4 eggs , beaten

• 50.0g walnuts , toasted and finely chopped (a food processor is easiest), optional

• 200.0ml very strong coffee (made fresh or with instant), cooled

FOR THE FROSTING

• 500.0g tub mascarpone

• 2 tbsp light soft brown sugar

• cocoa powder or drinking chocolate to decorate

1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter 2 x 20cm sandwich tins and line the bottoms with greaseproof paper. Beat butter and sugar together with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add the fl our and eggs in one go and keep beating until evenly mixed. Fold in the walnuts (if using) and half of the coffee. Spoon the mix into the prepared tins and bake for 25-30 mins or until golden and well risen.

2. Leave the cakes in their tins for 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack. Sweeten the remaining coffee with the extra sugar and sprinkle 4 tbsp over the sponges. Leave to cool completely.

3. While the cakes cool, make the frosting. Tip the mascarpone into a large bowl and beat in the sugar and remaining coffee until smooth and creamy. Use about half of the frosting to sandwich the sponges together then, using a palette or cutlery knife, spread the rest of the frosting over the top of the cake. Decorate with a dusting of cocoa powder or drinking chocolate. If you're making this cake to eat at home, it will keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.

post-5833-13586032505339_thumb.jpg

Here it is:

[ATTACH=full]45815[/ATTACH]

Cappuccino Cake. Lol! This tastes better than anything I have tasted in Cafe Nero!

Cappuccino cake

• 4 eggs , beaten

• 50.0g walnuts , toasted and finely chopped (a food processor is easiest), optional

FOR THE FROSTING

• 500.0g tub mascarpone

1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter 2 x 20cm sandwich tins and line the bottoms with greaseproof paper. Beat butter and sugar together with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add the fl our and eggs in one go and keep beating until evenly mixed. Fold in the walnuts (if using) and half of the coffee. Spoon the mix into the prepared tins and bake for 25-30 mins or until golden and well risen.

2. Leave the cakes in their tins for 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack. Sweeten the remaining coffee with the extra sugar and sprinkle 4 tbsp over the sponges. Leave to cool completely.

3. While the cakes cool, make the frosting. Tip the mascarpone into a large bowl and beat in the sugar and remaining coffee until smooth and creamy. Use about half of the frosting to sandwich the sponges together then, using a palette or cutlery knife, spread the rest of the frosting over the top of the cake. Decorate with a dusting of cocoa powder or drinking chocolate. If you're making this cake to eat at home, it will keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.

photo doesnt work :(

Fish Molly (Human)

I nicked this recipe from my friend Pete, who always makes it for me if he visits:

Ingredients:

1. 1/2 kg ( preferably) king fish

2. Onion – 2 medium

Ginger & Garlic – 1 tablespoon each ( crushed )

Green chilli – 3 – 4

Small onion – 5-6

3. Cardamom – 4

Cloves – 4

Cinnamon – 1 medium stick

4. Tomato – 2-3 (cherry)

5. Thin Coconut milk – 1 cup

Medium Coconut milk – 1 cup

Thick Coconut milk – 1/2 cup

6. Salt, oil & curry leaves – accordingly

7. For Marination

Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon

Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon

Lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon

Salt

Marinate the fish pieces with pepper powder, turmeric powder, salt & lemon juice. Keep it for half an hour.

Shallow fry the marinated fish for just 2-3 minutes. Heat oil in a pan. Splutter cardamom, cinnamon & cloves. Add crushed ginger garlic & green chillies. Add small & big onions. Once the onion becomes soft add thin coconut milk. Let it boil. Add the fried fish pieces & add salt. When the gravy becomes little thick add medium coconut milk. After that, add tomatoes & curry leaves when the gravy becomes thick. Once the tomatoes are cooked add thick coconut milk & just heat it. If you require thicker gravy, just add 2 teaspoons of corn flour.

It is still displaying the photo on my screen so unsure what is happening there. Here it is again:

[ATTACH=full]45818[/ATTACH]

I'll definately be making this :) The fish recipe also looks good, but I have never seen different strength coconut milk here :(

Here it is:

[ATTACH=full]45815[/ATTACH]

Cappuccino cake

• 4 eggs , beaten

FOR THE FROSTING

• 500.0g tub mascarpone

It looks very good, I'm no cook but I' trying to come up with something better than all yours lol lol.:D

Some kinda pasta dish

2 kielbasa sausages, beef.

1 red, yellow, orange and green bell pepper

1 zucchini

2 packages of knorr 4 cheese or Alfredo sauce

Parmesan cheese grated 1 1/4 cup

Mozzarella 1/2 cup

2% milk 3 cups

2 bags of colored rotini pasta noodles

Cut the sausage and zucchini in 1/4 inch circles, cutting the circles in 1/4ths, put the sausage in 12 inch skillet, cook it at medium to your liking. When done, poor it in a colander to drain the grease.

Put sausage back in the skillet, keep at medium. Pour in 3 cups of milk, both seasoning packets and mix together, stirring frequently.

Cut the peppers using 1/4 of each pepper, then slice each 4th into 1/4 inch strips, cutting the strips 1/2 an inch long.

Stir the peppers and zucchini in with the sauce and sausage, stir frequently. Add the remaining cheeses, stir constantly for about 3 minutes. It will be thicker now. Remove from heat until rotini is done boiling. Drain rotini. Put the drained rotini back in the pot. Stir the contents in the skillet into the rotini and serve hot.

This feeds a family of three with left overs.

post-9324-0-06155700-1399128318_thumb.jp

May want to take the dogs on a 4 mile walk after though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-2444-13586033077719_thumb.jpg

THE 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR ONE PERSON.......Highly recommended!!!!

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

A small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night