Husky name meanings

Beccs

Hi, Llwyd means Grey

Hi, Jay -

Given that you reside in Wales, you certainly retain empirical knowledge of the Welsh language. :-) Residing in America myself, I've understood "lloyd / llwyd" referring to both the colors of gray and brown.

From Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_(name):

"By the time the adjective llwyd became a fixed epithet and then a family name, llwyd had more or less lost its original meaning of ‘grey’.[1] J.T. Morgan notes “… in general it is likely the adjective llwyd referred to some sort of brown hair when associated with a personal name."

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Jay -

Given that you reside in Wales, you certainly retain empirical knowledge of the Welsh language. :) Residing in America myself, I've understood "lloyd / llwyd" referring to both the colors of gray and brown.

From Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_(name):

"By the time the adjective llwyd became a fixed epithet and then a family name, llwyd had more or less lost its original meaning of ‘grey’.[1] J.T. Morgan notes “… in general it is likely the adjective llwyd referred to some sort of brown hair when associated with a personal name."

I know we have a few ways of saying things that differ between North and South Wales but Brown in North Wales is the same as english Brown.

But maybe Llwyd in South Wales is Brown i've no idea, But I lived on a street called Groes Llwyd - English meaning (Grey Cross)

I know we have a few ways of saying things that differ between North and South Wales but Brown in North Wales is the same as english Brown.

But maybe Llwyd in South Wales is Brown i've no idea, But I lived on a street called Groes Llwys - English meaning (Grey Cross)

Welsh is such a unique language (actively spoken today), and it's compelling that this forum has such a large constituency of U.K. Siberian ownership. :)

Bindi means Star of Energy...that she has enough lol

Alpha means alpha, but he is not an alpha lol previous owner gave him that name and we never changed it.