F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lavs

Here Goes;

Almost a year ago I got cut to part time at work. I was continually told that I would get a new child to work with (I do special one on one care) and it has been 8 months. 6 months ago we bought a house, simply because it was sooo cheap we couldn't pass it up (and came on a HUGE lot) for our mortgage we pay less than some people's rent! However, all those bills, and only working 25 hrs a week is getting to be a little much. On top of that I am trying to plan a wedding and go back to school. I do have a second job on Tuesday nights but it's proving to be not enough. Trying to find yet another job is also hard as I don't want to give up all my time with my dogs... I'm at the end of my rope. I had planned on going back to school for dental assisting after our wedding next august, but I can barely save a cent with what I make and what I have to pay. I know I have to put in work if I want a better job in the end and I'm willing to do that but it's getting pretty discouraging when my paycheque every two weeks is 50% gone as soon as I cash it, and yeah I need to eat too. My boss told me yesterday that there should be more children coming soon but it means literally SFA to me now because I've been hearing it for 8 months. I just wanna cry this is too much. I can't even go try on wedding dresses because I know I can't afford to step in the door of the bridal salon let alone leave with my dress.

:( I need to make more moneys :(

Yeah - in this economy its getting hard for people to find a job. Especially for youths, because employers want people that have experience so they would be a 'good investment'. The problem with that, though, is that all jobs in my field want 2-5 years of experience. Well, how the F do I get that without any 'starter' jobs available! Of course, volunteering is always an option, but you only get like a month's or so worth of experience every year!!

And I feel for you on the income tax - over 50% of my Dad's paycheque is snatched up by the government.

:( ah geeze I'm so sorry things haven't picked up. I can seriously say I feel your pain. I've been getting 17hrs (more than alot of people at work) and by this time last year I was back at a solid 35 I have nothing of my checks left not even snack money. It's totally ridiculous how tight companies are making their payroll it's completely unlivable; especially for those with families. If the hours keep like this all of us will end up losing are medical because of the average hours they keep giving us :( It's just plain rotten

yeah exactly and I dont even have kids! i thought i was ahead of the game buying a house at 21 yrs old but now all my friends are either still in school and living off their parents and im sitting in the house i bought watching tv and chillin with the dogs because i can't afford to be a normal 22 yr old. sometimes i wonde if i would have been better off staying at home and saving money but then i wouldn't have the things i do have or be engaged or anything. i just don't even know what to think anymore. tim hortons is hiring...

thanks everyone for offering some emotional support there. i just need to keep trying and keep working. our economy can only go up from where it is. hopefully everyone everywhere gets better over the next little while...

i'm fortunate that i have a 40 hour a week job but i'd rather make less money and own the house. (i'm 22) i'm currently renting right now and when i see how much cheaper it could be for me to own a house (monthly payment wise) it makes me sick! i'm sure things will pick up! Just keep at it!

p.s. sitting at home with the dogs is one of the major things i look forward to when i get Luka, i hardly ever go out, enjoy it! ;)

I'm 27, and thought I was getting ahead when I bought my house at age 22. That was literally two months before the housing market crashed. It sucks. You will get through it.

It's hard for younger people to find jobs right now. Hopefully things pick up. Have you looked into changing your main job to another in your field?

I'm 27, and thought I was getting ahead when I bought my house at age 22. That was literally two months before the housing market crashed. It sucks. You will get through it.

It's hard for younger people to find jobs right now. Hopefully things pick up. Have you looked into changing your main job to another in your field?

yes i am planning on going back to school after my wedding. wedding 1st cuz i dont want to be engaged forever. i already made our date over a yr and a half from when we got engaged....plus i feel once the wedding is dealt with i can focus more on school, but right now i need to save and pay for all this sh!t.