HO 2012 Yearbook; How did you end up with a husky in your life?

Removed #1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a gift of love by moonbeam i had wanted a husky from when i first got a job working with dogs when i was 16, but within a short time i meet the love of my life we married and we had rescue dogs all the time we were together but never a husky then my husband became very ill and our last and oldest rescue past away and my husband did not want a new puppy while he was so unwell.he new he was dying and had only been given weeks to live and he gave me a telephone number and told me to ring it only when he past away, we were married for over 25 years and when the time came i rang the number and a lady answerd saying she recognized the number and she new why i was ringing i told her i had no idea what was going on and she told me my husband had arranged for me to have a husky from her when the time was right cos he did not want me to be on my own, her husky had just had pups that were unpland and were only a week old, and she said i could have first look at them and choose my own husky, we called him simi which is short for simosola meaning remember me never forget me. after about six months my lose hit me very badly and i did not move of the settie for nearly a week i did not eat or drink my daughter started to panic i just gave up, she made me a warm cup of milk and tried to get me to drink it and i would not even sit up to please her i tried to take a sip lying down but did not work and the next thing this hairy husky ran all over the settie jumping all over me and i was lying there with an empty cup but with milk running down the wall and carpet i was coverd it was everywhere my daughter was stud there with a look that said were or all in trouble but i was lying there thinking it cant get any worse and then i am sat in a pool of milk but i got up my daughter bathed the dog i had to clean all the room have a bath wash clothes it took hours but when it was done and we look back on it i was in a very dark place and the last loving gift from my sweethart brought me to my senses , my simi a reason to go on

Title : Sasha.

Me and my boyfriend have always been brought up with dogs, his mum owns a kennel since he was little and my parents never had less then 4 dogs at a time.

As soon as we got our own place we bought our first baby Kyah our Dogue De Boredux, but she was 8 months old when we first got her and was used to living with other dogs and would pine for company so 2 months later we got our Bailey (who we believed was a staffy cross but found out months later she was a pitbull) life was amazing, but back in January just gone we got burgled and the police that came was more concerned with Bailey then the actual crime and right there as then they took our little Bailey and put her down :(

The month after was my 21st birthday and Marc knew how obbsessed i was with Huskies, teddys notebooks dvds the lot and on the morning on my birthday he bought me my baby my sasha :-D my little bundle of joy! So life went on happy with our babies and two months ago we found out some bad news about his best friend and instead of watching a poor little puppy get sold to any old person that could mistreat it we bought her and added her to our family, well like i told marc its babies or puppies and so his mind was made up!

post-8849-13586079856726_thumb.jpg

post-8849-13586079857552_thumb.jpg

post-8849-13586079858009_thumb.jpg

Husky Love:

I have always loved the looks of huskies and only knew a small amount about them. I grew up in a home that did not have dogs- only cats but I was around dogs alot and became a huge dog lover. I started dating my boyfriend in 2010 and his brother had a husky named Alpine. She was the sweetest most loving dog and she became almost as if she was my own. I helped him train her and learn to do new tricks and I looked after her when he wasn't around. In summer 2011 Alpine started to have seizures. We had to frequently watch her. On October 21, 2011 at 1 year and 8 months (approximately) Alpine had to be put down. She had had four seizures in 24 hours and the vet only gave her a 50/50 chance of living through the night and if she did the medication would slowly kill her and she would be in pain. My boyfriend's brother called me immediately and we raced over and he asked me my opinion. In the end it was decided that it was best for her to be put down and not suffer. It was one of the hardest things ever. After Alpine passed, I couldn't stand walking into their house and not having a pup there to greet us... my boyfriend and I started looking into puppies- we said absolutely no huskies. We looked and looked and looked- his brother wasn't happy with our decision so soon after. I saw a litter on kijiji of brown huskies and knew that I had to have one. I emailed the lady and asked all sorts of questions about the health, puppies, parents etc. and we went and saw them a few days after they were born (which was December 25, 2011) We reserved Cally that day and on February 10, 2012 we brought our new baby home. She is by far one of the best decisions we have ever made and she is an amazing dog, I don't know what I would do without her. She will never ever replace the dog that Alpine was but there is more than enough room in my heart for the both of them <3

Alpine, R.I.P. <3

post-8507-13586079912314_thumb.jpg

Cally

post-8507-13586079912952_thumb.jpg